New OA private group

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
I know some of you have stated an interest. I have created a private group and I'm soliciting interest.
Any outsiders can only view the group game, but not the content. Anonymity is important to many of you, so please send me a private message if you prefer not to post interest here. Once that occurs, I will send you an invite. And remember, this is a safe zone for you to speak freely, without judgement.
The only requirement to join is your participation, without it, the group would not function properly. Once you join, please introduce yourself.

Thanks, :)

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,944 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of a private OA group and would participate in discussion

:D Barbie
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hi barbiecat, invite sent!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I've sent invite to all of you who are interested, but it appears the invite didn't make it your way. Here is the link to the forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous

In the mean time, I've contacted tech support.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I tried the link, hope it works! see you there.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Some have expressed that they haven't received an invite. Here is what I received from tech support:

"Please note that invitations to groups don’t currently show up in your main MyFitnessPal notifications, but in the community specific notifications located under the bell icon on the community pages."

@cloudi2 let me know if it works out!
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I accepted the invitation, but still don't see the group. Will you send another one?
  • MSWDiet
    MSWDiet Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A PRIVATE GROUP BASED ON OA PRINCIPLES IS A GREAT IDEA. PLEASE INCLUDE ME; AND IF YOU PLEASE, ADD ME AS A FRIEND. HOPEFULLY THE GROUP WILL BE ACTIVE ENOUGH FOR EACH OF US TO PROVIDE AND RECEIVE SUPPORT AS NEEDED.

I NOTED COMMENTS ON OTHER THREADS ABOUT OA INSPIRED GROUPS DISINTEGRATING INTO DIET ADVICE AND OPINIONS. WE HAVE PLENTY OF THIS ON MFP ALREADY. WHILE I RESPECT THE DESIRE FOR ANONYMITY, THE BENEFIT I LOOK FORWARD TO IS A PLACE TO SHARE OPENLY WITH THOSE FACING THEIR OWN EXPERIENCES WITH COMPULSIVE OVER EATING.

THANKS FOR PROVIDING A SAFE HAVEN FOR COE.

:p NO, I'M NOT YELLING AT YOU... I'M JUST HARD OF SEEING
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :

"Please note that invitations to groups don’t currently show up in your main MyFitnessPal notifications, but in the community specific notifications located under the bell icon on the community pages."

Oh, that's why I didn't see the invite!! I made the mistake of commenting on two really popular threads (the NSV and drop a word, add a word) and now those notifications clog everything up so I don't see the real stuff I want to see. Does anyone know if there is a way to "unsubsribe to a specific thread?
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    sanddollar wrote: »
    :

Oh, that's why I didn't see the invite!! I made the mistake of commenting on two really popular threads (the NSV and drop a word, add a word) and now those notifications clog everything up so I don't see the real stuff I want to see. Does anyone know if there is a way to "unsubsribe to a specific thread?

Could you go back and delete your original post? Otherwise, I'm not sure if you can unsubscribe to a particular thread.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I accepted the invitation, but still don't see the group. Will you send another one?

@michellesem, yes, I'll send one now.

• GrokRockStar
    Options
    @MSWdi, I'll send an invite, and the group is pretty active!
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I didn't see how to delete my original post, however, I clicked on the settings for the "chit chat" section and I am not following that section anymore (since that's where most of the notifications were coming from). Yay!!
  • Pinkpedals
    Pinkpedals Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know some of you have stated an interest. I have created a private group and I'm soliciting interest.
    Any outsiders can only view the group game, but not the content. Anonymity is important to many of you, so please send me a private message if you prefer not to post interest here. Once that occurs, I will send you an invite. And remember, this is a safe zone for you to speak freely, without judgement.
    The only requirement to join is your participation, without it, the group would not function properly. Once you join, please introduce yourself.

Thanks, :)

Id love to be apart of the private OA group. Im a new member to this group, but nor to OA. I was a member of An OA group for many years. Not recent years. Thank you.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @rosebod, I forward an invite!

• fatdragons
    fatdragons Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of the private OA group as well. I'm finding it difficult to attend the local meeting each week due to it's time and my /my children schedules. Thank you!!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @fatdragons, I forwarded an invite.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,104 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a group like this. I'm not well acquainted with OA---have looked for a local group to attend and haven't been able to locate one. May I ask to join?
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Please could I have an invitation to this group? I am really in need of the support as I am off the rails at the moment.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hi @sebedina,
    I sent you an invite. You should be able to accept by clicking on the bell icon on the top right of your page. Otherwise, visit this link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous and click on the "Join This Group" button

See you there!
  • frustr8tedgal
    frustr8tedgal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too, please!