Week 1 of lifting

Options
This was my first week of lifting. I didn't push myself too much...at least I don't think (being just the first week and all) I did but my weight increased (was sooo not happy about that) but I lost inches every where? Is that possible after just one week???? Or is it just a fluke? Also it's like the last day of AF so maybe that's where some weight has come from?

Replies

• hazleyes81
    hazleyes81 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What is AF and what sort of cardio/dieting have you been doing? Did the same person measure you both times?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    It is totally possible for you to have lost inches even in the first week.

AF = "aunt flo" as in "period time of month".
  • america_c
    america_c Posts: 60
    Options
    My works out are normally this:

Sunday: walk 2 miles
    Monday : weight train
    Tuesday: Elliptical 35 mins
    Wednesday: weight train
    Thursday: Elliptical 35 mins
    Friday : weight train
    Saturday: walk 2 miles

For weight train I do: weighted squats (at 80 lbs as of today), lateral pulls (at 85 lbs as of today), lower back extensions and push ups.

If I can't do the elliptical, I try to walk 2 miles if I have the time and weather permits. I haven't measured again yet. I lost most of the weight I gained but haven't logged it yet. Will log on Friday.

I measure myself, and I try to be as accurate as possible, as in I try to measure the same place each time.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I say stick to your workouts for 4-6 weeks. Take a week off of weights, or use very light weights and then see how the weight inches are during that" rest " week. You had AF this week, you just started your lifting program, so things may not be so accurate.
    Yes, It's possible to lose inches in the first week!