Tough moments.

Options
grooszeczka
grooszeczka Posts: 113 Member
I've let myself create new thread, because I feel like that might be needed.
I hope no. I hope your journey will be nice and easy, but sometimes it happens.

Well, I need you now :smile: I have this very tough moment, when I have thoughts in my mind like
"Do i need this?" "Do i even want this? This cheese look delicious, screw diet let's eat it!"
"I've already lost 1 pound, I'll celebrate this with some midnight snack".
It's my 3rd day, I'm after my dinner (11 p.m. here), I've already let myself eat something more and i'm above my daily calories and I'm thinking right now that I've already lost this battle. I need some encouragement from You, from anyone to keep going. This is so tough.
Heeeeeeeeeeelp! :s

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Hi Agness~
    We are here! Don't give up! It's all about making small changes a little at a time! You definitely want this or you wouldn't have come here. We ALL struggle or none of us would be here. Try making yourself a list of things that you can do when a craving hits. Don't look at the food and go do 10 jumping jacks, or jump rope, or something you like to do. Read a book or magazine, come on here and read some motivational success stories. Put little notes on your mirrors and fridge to remind yourself that you are soooo worth this effort!

We are here for you!!!
  • FindingCindy721
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • grooszeczka
    grooszeczka Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's actually a great idea! Thanks!
    I'm gonna do that stuff!
  • MdwstQT
    MdwstQT Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi Grooszeczka!

Cindy is right we're here for you and you're in the right place!

Cindy gave you great ideas that I use multiple times a day. It's so easy to revert back to old habits. Just remember why you want to change.

You can also find ways to help you with your transition. You can stock your place with healthy snacks. So when you do get a craving and if doing other things still doesn't do it. Go ahead and have a snack that's nutritious. Remember that portion control is still a factor.

Hang in there and don't give up.
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    It's that lovely TOM boy do I have the munchies! I've munched on rice cakes, portion control be damn.

Aaaaargh!

I'm going to fix myself some dinner and that's it. I'm glad it was rice cakes instead of my usual suspects. Plus I'll still be under my caloric goals but I don't like that I want to munch!

Dinner, water, deep breathes, and putting the munchies in timeout for the rest of the day.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    What has helped me in the past to stop devouring the kitchen is to drink lots of water wait 20 minutes and if that doesnt work either brush my teeth or chew on cinnamon, spearmint or some kind of minty gum ....food doesnt taste good when you have a minty fresh mouth ....you can do this ....one day at a time
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    NewsGATor~TOM is a nasty little bigger isn't he? Glad you kept it to rice cakes...it's weird but I actually REALLY like those things! Give yourself a hug for conquering such a tough challenge!!!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    chocolate rice cakes with peanutbutter NOM NOM NOM :D
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Stupid smart phone...that was to u MdwstQT...LOL
  • barlovo
    barlovo Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    feeling demoralized because I snacked on crackers for the past hour while working. Actions:

1) honestly record what I actually ate.
    2) pat myself on the back for being honest about my grazing behavior.
    3) plan and eat a healthy nutritious lunch.

A nutritionist once told me, it's not what you ate, it's what you're going to eat next, that matters. Keeping my eye on the future instead of regretting the past.

• aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Very healthy approach both mentally and physically barlovo. That is really awesome and here are a couple more pats on the back from me too.

I think we learn very quickly that the only person we are fooling is ourselves when we don't record things accurately.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Having a bit of a rough day myself today. My daughter has been super excited about prom lately, and we were supposed to start dress shopping Sunday. Her boyfriend of 2 yrs broke up with her today via TEXT! She is DEVASTATED and it breaks my heart to see her having to go through this! I work nights and have had virtually no sleep, but I have NOT comforted myself with food!!!

Barlovo~ I LOVE your post! I LOVE that you didn't let one SMALL issue deter you or set you back over all! Attitude is EVERYTHING and you my friend have an attitude for SUCCESS!!!! Give yourself a big hug!!!!

aaliceinw~I agree fully! I LOVE your goal rewards. I am PETRIFIED of diving. I had an uncle that owned a lobster boat and when I was a kid 2 of my older cousins put a tank on me & threw me into their pool...I almost drowned...I was so little the tank sank me to the bottom and pinned me there and I didn't realize I could breath with that mouthpiece. I was so scared I spit it out in panic... but I do LOVE pictures and things from under the sea. I'm sure if that memory didn't panic me so much...I probably would have enjoyed diving.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    That really sucks Cindy. I feel so very sorry for your daughter. Some people are so heartless!! But well done for not resorting to food to comfort your self.

I will tell tell the story of how I overcome my phobia one day. My mantra was "Do it anyway!" and it was only on the 41st dive that I was no longer afraid of the water!
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Wow 41 dives while still fearful??? That is AMAZING!!!!
  • MdwstQT
    Options
    Thanks ladies! Today the munchies must've been in time out. I made sure to guzzle my water down as well.

Sorry your daughter is going through this Cindy. So glad you aren't comforting with food. Such a big accomplishment.

Alice you are brave!

Barlovo glad you put things in perspective and kept it moving.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi Agness~
    We are here! Don't give up! It's all about making small changes a little at a time! You definitely want this or you wouldn't have come here. We ALL struggle or none of us would be here. Try making yourself a list of things that you can do when a craving hits. Don't look at the food and go do 10 jumping jacks, or jump rope, or something you like to do. Read a book or magazine, come on here and read some motivational success stories. Put little notes on your mirrors and fridge to remind yourself that you are soooo worth this effort!

We are here for you!!!

Great suggestions! You took the words right out of my mouth! I would also say that when I make a mistake I admit it, log it, & learn from it. If I eat over my calories then I go walk for awhile to make up for it.
  • FindingCindy721
    Options
    Noodle797~ I do that too! I even run up and down the stairs in my house to try to rev up my metabolism a bit!