Saying Hello and Hiring a PT

Options
I'm new to the group so just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm also hiring a PT and wondered if anybody had any tips on working with a PT

Replies

• Pinktitanium2013
    Options
    It really helps..it could get expensive. Write everything down.. Ask as much as you can.
  • Nayners21
    Nayners21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Getting a personal trainer for me was the best decision I made. However, really scope out the trainers at your gym. Watch them as they train other clients. I have seen so many that half *kitten* the entire thing, or make too much small talk and nothing gets done. I was very lucky because I was referred to mine and he changed my life. He changed my love for fitness and my confidence in the gym. I'm not sure what gym you go to, but they should make a plan for you workout wise. They should be writing down the workouts that they give you during training, and then when it is over, you can continue those on your own. Good Luck!! P.s. If you are comfortable, I would recommend a make trainer. They seem to cut the *kitten* out and get right to business.
  • zikig
    zikig Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. The trainer Im going to a consultation with works out of the gym but isn't employed by them
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Just like anything else, some are good and some aren't so knowledgeable. Ask around for recommendations before committing to one.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Any good trainer, above all, should listen to you. Make sure he/she is not a glorified counter. He/she should explain things in a way you can understand and emulate.