many extra steps!

Options
lynseya83
lynseya83 Posts: 84 Member
Hello,

Ive had a look at past threads in the forum too.... but my 'random steps' seem to be a little different!

For instance today i left work and got in the car with the counter at 3103.... i kept my beady eye on it the whole way home - about a ten min drive. roundabouts, lights, gearchanges, all ok!
Got to the bottom of my street - still 3103, turned in and parked the car - handbrake on and boom 3147!
Why did it suddenly pop on 43 extra steps at the last minute?

Normal walking it seems spot on, however i do get a good 30-50 for brushing my teeth. i have it on the non dominant hand and it doesnt go up the whole time then i take a couple of steps after and it bangs on 30-50! I get a couple of hundred for showering!

Do you think popping it on my ankle might help? How come it 'banks' all these steps then throws them on at once?
Thanks,
Lynsey

Replies

• WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I don't know why you are having that problem. Have you set up your custom strides under the settings in Garmin Connect. Don't know if this would help, but it's worth a try if you haven't. I set up my custom stride from the get go, and I haven't had that problem.