High Sodium, Low Potassium = High Risk of Heart Disease!

Options
Because I have high blood pressure, I was looking on WebMD to see what my intake of sodium should be, and found some interesting information. The article talked about people that take in high levels of sodium and low levels of potassium are at a very high risk for heart disease. I didn't realize potassium played a factor in that. Don't get me wrong, I knew that low potassium levels weren't good, but I didn't know it was linked to heart disease.

The article also said, if you have high blood pressure your sodium intake should not be higher than 1,500 milligrams per day maximum. Your potassium intake should not be lower than 4,700 milligrams per day. They also mentioned that people with high sodium intake and low potassium intake are "twice the risk of death from heart disease. "

I recommend reading the article as it is good information....
webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/news/20110711/high-sodium-low-potassium-diet-linked-to-heart-risk

If you need to change the values of your sodium and potassium in MyFitnessPal:
Click on "My Home," then click on "Goals," then go to the green button and click on "Change Goals," and then click on the circle that says "Custom." Once you've made changes be sure to click on the green button at the bottom that says "Change Goals" in order to save it, and you're done!

Happy slimming!
Cathy Gray