Fasting

Options
hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
There may have been a topic about this before, but does anyone do any kind of regular fasting, intermittent or otherwise? What did you do? What were the results? I just read this article http://inspiyr.com/diet-or-exercise/ and I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten better results from doing any kind of fasting.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I was having trouble with some "rabidly hungry" all the time for awhile, so I upped my sodium and did a 16:8 fast for a week. It seemed to reset something. I stopped eating at 8pm and didn't eat again until noon the next day. I couldn't do it longer than a week. I need my breakfast to be a nice person. lol!
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I did 16/8 intermittent fasting for months. I definitely enjoyed doing it, but I honestly can't say it made a bit of difference in my weight loss. As a diabetic I mainly enjoyed it as a feeling of power over food. I was so used to having to eat so frequently or risk low blood sugars before keto, it felt amazing to just not eat, even if just for 5-6 extra hours, and to feel fine that way.

I stopped doing this a few weeks ago at the recommendation (insistence?) of my physical therapist. I've had digestive issues for years, long before keto and long before intermittent fasting, so I don't believe that either were making my problems worse.. but I agreed to start eating breakfast when I first wake up and to eat more frequently throughout the day as part of "retraining" my digestive/bathroom habits. I have seen great improvement in this area in just a few weeks, I've made other changes too so I can't say for sure the fasting was a part of my problem... but for now I'm off the IF train.