Protein intake

Options
magsmh84
magsmh84 Posts: 2 Member
I feel like I'm really struggling to keep my protein macros where it needs be and am typically way over. Any suggestions?!

Replies

• x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I highly reccomend this calculator :
    http://www.mydreamshape.com/keto-calculator/

Typically speaking though, the exact amount of protein will depend on your caloric intake. Most people do a 65/30/5 ratio or a 60/35/5 one (fat, protein, carb.) Personally, I found 70/25/5 works well for me.

As far as going over, I find that fish (while tasty) is very high in protein. I aim for more balanced sources of meat (meat with a moderate to high fat content as well.) Pork, and Steak are pretty good for all intents and purposes - I find I can eat more without going over, as opposed to a nice tuna steak.

Albeit, sometimes I must supplement leaner meats with fat. To do this, I add oils, or simply just mayo if I am being lazy.

Sometimes it all just comes down to meal planning, weighing out your food and playing around with different options (making concessions here and there.)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    Yes, add more fat to your meals as you decrease the protein a wee bit. Increasing the fat will make you feel more satisfied with the smaller protein amount. I try not to have more than 4 or 4.5 ounces at a time of protein, but I use fattier sauces or dips and it works well.