Unsweetened Almond Milk

Options
Hi

I am hoping to go low carb next week (again) and I like the unsweetened almond milk but the last time I used it I seemed to stall - is this possible?

I was having 200mls a day?

thanks

Replies

• angela_carreen
    angela_carreen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Almonds stall me as well. It could be something that doesn't completely agree with your body and you should use it in moderation while losing weight or try to skip it. I've started skipping it. It helps to avoid things that stall you. It's less frustrating. Sorry!
  • lucysmommy2007
    lucysmommy2007 Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    thats ok - i tried the almond crust pizza and boy did that give me stomach ache the next day! it so i can still have my coffee- i don't enjoy cream in my coffee :neutral_face:
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I make a pudding with chia seeds and some sweeteners and other stuf using unsweetened almond milk, I've been using the chia seeds to up my fiber intake for the last couple months. 8 oz almond milk a day (~225 mL) and it has not stalled me at all.

I haven't ever heard of almond milk being part of causing a stall for anyone but who knows, there are lots of foods that different people react to in different ways.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    thanks are there any alternatives i can try?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant or anything? That would help people make suggestions to know if that's the case.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    sorry im not as far as i know - no food allergies except grapefruit - probably intolerances though but not sure to be honest
  • angela_carreen
    angela_carreen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Have you tried coconut milk? I don't know the carb count but unsweetened should be very high either.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I liked almond better than the unsweetened coconut milk but just to have more space in the frig I stopped using either. The almond was lower calories by a bit.
  • lucysmommy2007
    Options
    i have never been able to locate unsweetened coconut milk in the UK
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I use coconut milk in cooking / recipes. Other than that, the only milk type stuff i consume is HWC in my coffee...when i'm on that kick. Right now i'm on black.