Help for being in a not so good mental space

Options
kaihunter45
kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
Hello Everyone,

I have been a binge eater for most of my life. Two months ago I began food addiction counseling and a lifestyle adjustment that includes planning out my food for the day, every day. For the first 55 days things went well. I had a few slips but was honest about everything and kept my journal faithfully. But for the past week I've been in a really bad place. I want to eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it. I don't want to be accountable and I just want to do what I want to do. I am becoming very irritable, especially at work. Yesterday it felt like I was trying to crawl out of my skin, wanting to binge so badly. If you understand and have been through this, how long does it last and what are some tips for getting through it?

Thanks so much!
Kai

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hi - I don't really have any tips since I'm struggling to not binge, too. I like pre-planning my day - for me, seeing my days' worth of food written down in a nice, rational manner sort of soothes me in a very weird way. I think because my job is so hectic and unstable (one day everything may go well and the next, bam, everything has gone to h3ll), having some control over my food intake helps even things out. That said, lately I haven't been pre-planning - no food has been prepped or bought, there have been unexpected family issues that change what's for dinner, that kind of stuff (excuses, I know). I like that you have sought food addiction counseling - that may be something I need to research for myself in the future. One thing I noticed - you are about my age, and I've been battling hormones, or lack thereof. Maybe that difficult week has something to do with your cycle-wise?? I find I get raging for food about 14 days into my cycle, which continues until I start again (anywhere from 21-32 days, now). Just a thought... Good luck!