How do I make a recipe?

Options
jlhawki
jlhawki Posts: 225 Member
I've tried making a recipe for my chicken pullups but it didn't make sense to me. I tried dragging ingredients with portion sizes but it didn't work. Anyone know what I am suppose to do?

NM really did make it easy ;)

Replies

• tlspindor
    tlspindor Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not really all that sure Jannie, I haven't gotten to that point yet. I'm sure Marcie knows more about that then me.

So glad to see you made it.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't know if this will help (you probably have figured all this out already), but this is all I know so far on building recipes…

From your Food log, click on "Recipes".
    1. If you find a recipe on a website, you can copy the URL and paste it in the "Recipe Importer" and click on "Match Ingredients". It will tell you if all ingredients were matched, and if not, you will need to "Add Ingredients" as necessary. Just click on "Save" or "Save & Log It" when you are done; or
    2. You can "Add Recipe Manually". Just enter the "Recipe Name", the number of "Servings" in the recipe, and your ingredients one line at a time (e.g., 1 cup milk, 7 g butter, etc.). Click on "Match Ingredients" and it will tell you if all ingredients were matched, and if not, you will need to "Add Ingredients" as necessary. Click on "Save" or "Save & Log It".

After the recipe is built, you can go back in and replace, edit or remove any ingredients in the recipe.

All recipes you import from other websites or add manually will show up in Your Recipe Box.
  • jlhawki
    Options
    Hi Tammy! Marcie--I tried the match ingredients and nothing happened :( I'm going to try again and hopefully it will work. Have you 2 tried the chronometer site yet? Just wondering what you thought!
  • mygnsac
    edited January 2015
    Options
    No, I prefer a site with a community feature. I get lots of ideas, inspiration amd support from the community.
  • jlhawki
    Options
    I agree with that and this seems pretty straightforward to me! I am not computer savvy and need easy :)
  • mygnsac
    Options
    I'm only semi computer savvy, so I gravitate to easy! :D
  • jeff61108
    jeff61108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well I made it this far.....but going to miss NM as I know all of you are. It is tough to teach an old dog new tricks as they say, but hopefully over time we will adjust. I just feel like there is so much I do not know. Thanks for starting this group.
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Welcome Jeff! I'm sure going to miss NM, but I learned a lot over there and feel confident that all will be fine. There is a definite learning curve here, but there was at NM too initially. :)
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    The only thing I have discovered so far about adding recipes is that I can't write my recipe directions on the recipe like at NM. I always just opened the recipe and made what I wanted. I also added the ingredients to it so that I didn't have to look at each one individually. I made it easy to make a grocery list and now I have all my recipes from the link Mike gave us. yay!
  • JessRodriguez16
    JessRodriguez16 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Since Mike gave us our recipes, it made it easier for me to add my recipe here... just copy and paste. Just hit "Add Recipe Manually" then paste the recipe then hit "Match Ingredients" Yeah, I have to make some corrections but at least I don't have to type each one out. I hope this helps someone! :)
  • jlhawki
    Options
    I think I figured it out-- I wasn't naming the recipe and once I did it seems to have worked! It put 'diced tomatoes' as 75 servings of cherry tomatoes so YOU have to watch closely :)
  • anewstart22
    anewstart22 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I discovered if you click on the home page there is a blog. It's our very own blog we can use however we want to. I set it to private and I have saved all my recipes from NM there with all ingredients easy to read and the instructions for each one. I will add each to recipes as I use them, recipes does put the wrong stuff in but you are right, at least we don't have to print each one.