Feed a cold

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
I am sick. Asthma, mucous .. blah blah blah

I find that i try to find something to eat to "feel better" Then OMG I've eaten so much and still feel bad. It's like there's a tape in my head that sounds like my mother saying, "Eat something, you'll feel better."

And, my tummy does feel upset from the phlegm .. sorry to be so graphic.. but I am wondering if this is a common problem. Does anyone else just eat whatever when they feel bad?

Replies

• shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I usually drink hot tea . Cinnamon works for me. Hope you feel better soon.
  • kkimpel
    Options
    I will try that tomorrow.. tonight, I'm going to bed :)
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    There is always tequila. Good night . I am going to bed too.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Usually, when I am sick, I have no appetite at all, and drop weight fast (probably not healthy). I'll drink hot tea, and if my throat is sore, I'll add honey. Screw low carb when you feel crappy anyway. Once you are better you can eat low carb and lose any water weight gained because unless you eat way more calories than your body needs, you're not gaining real weight anyway. Feel better soon.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I've actually found that sticking to lower carb (not necessarily keto levels, but don't go overboard, either) helps kick it faster. Add (raw, local) honey to the tea for its other health benefits and don't worry about the carbs.

When I feel a cold or something coming on, I generally find that eating something super nutrient dense, like a salad or whatnot, helps kick it before it gets a hold. I also find that when I start feeling sick, it'd due to my carb (particularly sugar) intake has increased for some reason.

Bone broth is a great way to get a big nutrient boost without jacking up the carbs, too. So don't forget about some home made chicken soup.
  • shadesofidaho
    Options
    OH Man Raw Local Honey. Makes me almost wish I had a cold. We have the best local honey outlet here. You take your jars or gallon jugs and they fill them. The honey is so good. Not all that expensive either.
  • kkimpel
    Options
    thanks all.. I'm sitting at work because I had to give a presentation today.. feeling like caca was to start 2 hours ago.. but here I sit.. waiting waiting sneezing hacking. My department is yelling at me to go home and my boss is in the meeting that I'm supposed to go to when he calls.. aurgh Wish I had honey