What's really a good weight?

Hi everyone! So I am an 18 year old trying to lose a few pounds and I tend to struggle a lot with my weight because even though a lot of people think I am skinny, I am a competitive dancer, so weight is very important for looks and for stunts. I've googled "healthy weight for X age at Y height, but they give you a 30 lbs range, which is really big. My question is, how do you know how much weight you really can and should lose?

Replies

• csillers13
    csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
    There really is no answer for that question because everyone's body is built completely different. That's why the weight range has such a huge gap. 10 lbs will mean something different to everyone in the case of how they will look after they lose it. Since you are a competitive dancer why not focus on tone? I don't know anything about competitive dance, but I do know I notice when a dancer has chiseled legs and strong toned arms.
    Hope that helped a little! :)
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    You might also look more at balanced proportions than at the scale. If you're a bit heavier on top or bottom evaluate how loosing weight effects that area thats a bit larger