3 months - 30lbs slow loser

Options
2»

Replies

• claresta23
    claresta23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Note! Don't compare yourself EVER! We are all unique. During this journey I have notice how I can wear the same size as some of my friends but the clothes look different on me. So its not about any of that, its about HEALTHY! No more PILLS, lymphedema is getting better, so over all WINNING #DOWN 70lbs! 7/2/14
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    cecejd wrote: »
    jcfelbi wrote: »
    The slower I lose, the more time I'm giving my skin to adjust ; ) I'm so happy to just see the scale creeping consistently in the right direction!!! 3 more weeks and I can go back to lifting weights. Never thought I'd miss it, but I do! (truly, it's the only exercise I enjoy...)
    Good luck to all --
    This is exactly what my surgeon told me. I'm a bit of a slow loser and after dropping 55 lbs, I have no loose skin.

OK folks, remember age and amount being lost are also affecting if our skin readjusts or not. For those of you who are younger and have less to lose, your skin may bounce back. But for people like me, who lose slowly (always have) but are older and have more to lose, my skin will not bounce back. Two reasons. My age (late 50's) and the fact that there's just so much excess skin when you lose a couple hundred pounds (that's what I will lose when I'm done). I just don't want anyone to think losing slowly guarantees no sagging or loose skin at the end.