When should I re-evaluate calories?

Options
RRRobynnn
RRRobynnn Posts: 31 Member
I'm coming to the end of Stage 1 (last A workout today) and am up about 3lbs since starting on April 29. I won't take "official" measurements until next week, but it looks like I'm down an inch or more in my waist and hips, so there's definitely progress. (Yay!) I have at least 20lbs to lose and want to make sure I'm following the most effective plan to make that happen. Prior to starting NROL4W, I was alternating between WW and tracking on MFP with a 1200 calorie goal. I was at a never-ending plateau, which I now realize was likely due to under eating. Now I'm following a TDEE-20% based on Scooby's calculator. I have my calories set at "desk job" for non-workout days and add in 270 calories on lifting days. I'm also doing 40/30/30 for carbs/fat/protein. My diet isn't totally clean, but I generally stick to my goals. (I'm 39, 5'6" and eating 1463 on off days, 1734 on workout days).

How much longer should I give my current plan before tweaking things? What change should make first? Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    If you are following TDEE then some people gain at first. That happens to a lot of people, and it has happened to friends of mine on here. I am doing TDEE -15% and eat to the same number every day (1900). I am 30 yo, 5'3" and 143 lbs. If you have calculated TDEE and have already taken away 20% then technically you should be eating back all your calories that you workout with since you calculated for sedentary. What you did was basically customize what MFP does, but made it work for you and your body (good job on that, a lot of people don't do this).

Generally you want to give your body about a month or so to adjust to diet shifts. I am not sure when you started the TDEE, but give it at least a month before you start tweeking. But remember, if you are losing inches then it IS working.