FAT LOSS HAPPENS ON MONDAY, BOOK WITH DAN JOHN AND JOSH HILLIS

Options
Method_One
Method_One Posts: 58 Member
http://www.otpbooks.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BFLHS&Store_Code=OTP&AFFIL=DJ

I've been working my way through the kindle version this book over the last week. I'm a fan of Dan John and recommend checking out just about all of the stuff he puts out. The book is basically covers habit modification, goal setting, nutritional logging (like MFP) and peridoization training.

If you're unfamiliar with periodization (variation of reps/weights in a planned block of training) of resistance training it's 100% worth the effort to put it in your tool box, and this book is a good starting point especially in relation to weight loss.

text from the link:
(http://danjohn.net/2014/12/2310/)

A few years ago, I wrote a blog about my good friend, Josh Hillis, and his program “System Six.” I had been asked to teach an “All Girls” weightlifting class and I was a little unready. I got calls from moms worried that I would make their daughters “all muscley.” Oh, yes, that happens all the time: someone trains and ends up looking like an elite female bodybuilder. It might take up to two weeks to look like that! (Sarcasm. It’s not just for breakfast).

Josh shared with me “System Six” and as I read it, I realized that, frankly, I knew nothing. The idea of easy workouts and food prep as a Hard Day (!!!!!) just amazed me. So, I decided…when Josh talks, I lean in and listen.

When I asked him later about publishing it, he was certain it would be too hard to do. Laree Draper came to the rescue and she came up with an idea for the the two of us to co-author a book.

The other day, it arrived. I was stunned by the depth of it. You see, as you go through the editing process, you begin to get lost in things like “there/their” and “to/two/too.” This book, in its finished form, is a joy. Again, NO ONE seems to grasp the simple message of fat loss that Josh offers, but, you know, he is right. I acknowledge him as my master when it comes this part of fitness.

As always, Laree’s products “overdeliver.” My job in the project was to discuss some of the issues related to fat loss and I am very proud of especially that first chapter. Laree notes that the audio version picks up a lot of the emotion that seems to walk with this journey.

On Target Publishing is quickly becoming the place where the best and brightest of the fitness industry come to publish. The whole category is worth your time, but find the new book here:.

Here is what I said about Josh maybe six years ago now:

I’m not sure how you get it and the product isn’t finished yet, but Josh HIllis knocked it out of the park with his new six part system on fat loss. I spent time with Josh in November (I think) and I came away with lots of insights about fat loss. Josh has discovered that its own best clients (those who got their body fat down to “rockstar” levels and, more important, kept it there) didn’t necessarily work harder…

And, you should think about that. What held body fat down (and superb athletic performance up, by the way) isn’t smashing your face against the wall. Yes, there is hard work, but more important is “smart work.” Josh discovered that his best people had a basic level of strength. As I tell everyone, after I heard Brett Jones say it, absolute strength is the glass. Everything else is what you can put in the glass. If you have a thimble of strength, you can’t make a single bad nutritional choice to stay ahead of fat gain. If you have a barrel of strength, you can make a few more mistakes!

Josh’s new program is unique…no question about that. He uses two simple tools to measure that you are staying on track and one of them is simply some strength tests (and so is the other, really). He also advocates a food journal, of course, as this is Josh’s signature in this community: Have a food journal! But, as I discovered with my personal trainer, Buddy Walker, you need someone to help you hold yourself accountable to it. It’s a game changer for me, by the way.

There is more. I was honored to be credited by Josh for one of his ideas and I think the idea works seamlessly with his other five. If fat loss can be made simpler, well, I want to see it. It is an amazingly simple toolkit and it is not filled with gimmicks. It is real. It is simple. It is true.

Josh has three pdfs with the program and the workouts are very good. I took his advice and eased off a bit on some things and, well, I am following his advice here. The workouts are very good and the videos are funny and informative.

I like Josh. I have always liked him. His influence on me might not be noticed by many, but simply count the number of times I reference him in a typical workshop (a lot!).

System Six is a game changer. It is very good and I am going to be stealing these ideas for a long time.