21 Day Fix

Options
FitFunTina
FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
What are your goals? When are you starting? What is your game plan?

Replies

• FitFunTina
    Options
    I will be starting my first round on Wednesday, Jan 14. My shipment should arrive tomorrow. My game plan is to use the remainder of my protein powder, and then transition to Shakeology (I like shakes for breakfast, I just don't like the flavor of my current powder). My game plan is to do a full round of the 21 day fix, and take a day "off" (plan one cheat meal), then re-start the 21 day fix a day later. My BMI is still in the obese range, so I'm hoping to lose at least 7 lbs with this first round. I'm going to try out the videos, and supplement with Zumba and gym workouts at time permits.
  • slimmerang
    slimmerang Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8. My ultimate goal is to lose 30lbs by Thanksgiving 2015. I lost 3.5 lbs the first week but I didn't do so good yesterday. I am loving it!!! I would love to get some extra support and food ideas from others doing it! Please add me. I plan to finish this round and start again after a day or two! I am alternating between the 21 day fix videos and gym cardio. I am running a 5 mile race this weekend so have been training for that! Looking forward to meeting more people!!!
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    A five mile race!! That's great! I've only gotten up to a 5K, and it's not exactly running season for me (I prefer to run outside...and I'm just not going to do it in the snow lol). I'll resume in the spring. But for right now my goal is to do multiple rounds with a cheat meal between each round. I figure I can plan out my meal, enjoy it, and be back in the game! Well, that's the plan anyway!! I'll make some folders for recipe ideas.
  • slimmerang
    Options
    its not really running season here either but I am making it work. I am a yo yo runner. Kind of like my eating. I am on and off all of the time. Never have been very good at it. I can't wait to hear how your 1st day goes.
  • MADHATTER68
    MADHATTER68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I did 21 Day fix a couple times last year... Had great results!! Just getting back to it this year.. Got back to the fix workouts last night. Sore today! LOL. I saw the other posts for food ideas.. I get alot of food ideas from other Fix peeps on Pinterest and make the Salsa Chicken from HE and she Eat Clean website.. If you have FB I think they have some fix groups on there too! Good luck to all!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I ordered my 21 DAY FIX last week and it should be here tomorrow or Thursday and I would like to start Friday or Sat
  • slimmerang
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for the tips for meal ideas. I am doing good but will need to change it up next week. I am on day 10. I wish everyone success!!
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    I'm on day three! And a sneak peek at the scale is showing me down 3.4 lbs! Yessssss! (I know it's going to start slowing down but the initial drop is just exciting).
  • slimmerang
    Options
    Great job! I weigh for day 14 on Monday. I should have picked Fridays. The scale is always lower for me on Fridays! Keep up the good work!
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    How do I know when to weigh? I don't remember seeing it in the book.
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    MrsOlson, I don't think the book mentions weighing in. Just at the beginning and the end. I think it's up to you and your preferences. I tend to weigh in every day (I can't help myself), but use a weekly weight to make it (mentally) official.
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    So a quick story. Every other week or so, we have Sunday "dinner" (lunch really) at my mother in law's house. She always makes a lot of food with a lot of veggies and always dessert. When DH and I were counting calories, we kind of gave up because one Sunday we estimated that even "being good" we still took in about 1000 cals. She knows I'm on an eating plan so offered to cook the veggies without butter. I came in with my containers, made my plate, and refused dessert. I still ate a lot for a meal, but since I was in church I didn't have time to snack beforehand lol. I've always dreaded Monday morning weigh-ins, but today the scale dropped again. Day 6 here, and I'm down 7.2 lbs. (My goal for the 21 days was 7 lbs! Whhhaaat?) I'm feeling preettty good.
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did a reset and am starting fresh again today.
  • slimmerang
    Options
    Great job Tina! You are killing it! The weekends are killing me. I can't seem to stick to my containers on the weekends. I am on Day 15 and am down 6.1 lbs but I know that would be at least 3lbs higher if I would have stayed on track both weekends! I am sick going into the final week so not sure how workouts will go but will try to stick to the eating plan!
  • scoopskipotato
    scoopskipotato Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm back on the 21 day fix wagon. I started last August or September and lost 18lbs, it was great. I didn't even follow it to the letter and I was very impressed. Now I'm just trying to stay in better shape and make better choices. I'm so glad I found this group!
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    slimmerang - Do you work M-F? I'm wondering the the change in daily schedule maybe relaxes you some? I'm a SAHM, so weekends seem to be just as busy but with a husband in the mix. lol. Make it your goal to go strictly by the containers next weekend (take them out with you if you must!). Today I did cheat a little bit and had a few extra nibbles, but then again, I set my container max to the next level down (1500-1899) to give myself that wiggle room (not that I regularly plan to take it).
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    Welcome, scoop! Glad you found us!!!!
  • FitFunTina
    Options
    How did you do today, rainey?
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I did great. thanks for asking - down 4 pounds
  • MrsOlson1006
    MrsOlson1006 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Way to go FitFunTina! That's awesome results. I am scared to weigh because I don't want to see the scale go up! (from gaining muscle) It shouldn't be about the scale but it's so hard not to make it about the number, isn't it?