Indecisive tall girl.

Options
MrsSchimmy
MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
Hey everyone!

My name is Keshia and I'm 28 years old. I am a hair shy of 5'10" and currently weighing in at 159 lbs today. I'm a busy mother of 3 kids under 10. I run and I lift. I'm not overweight, I'm not underweight. I've been an athlete all my life.

I'm looking for contact on MFP of other women like myself that eat more than 1200 calories day and don't exercise until the cows home. I eat a minimum of about 1530 cals per day and while I do workout 6 days a week, I'm usually lifting and doing little cardio lately.

I'm looking to drop some pounds after the holidays (around 10) but am finding it hard to get to a happy-medium where I am running enough for my soul but lifting enough to make my heart happy. I'm also having a hard time because I've been battling various eating disorders for as long as I can remember.

I know all the facts. Eat to grow, strength training over cardio, etc etc etc. I know the facts. I can do research (and have done research. TONS of it) but having the EMOTIONAL support is what I'm lacking.

Welcome to my mind.
In short:
  1. Friends who don't have an ED or have overcame an ED?
  2. How to slim down while still lifting?
  3. Emotional support?

Replies

• MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am also around 5'10. I eat way more haha (something like 2000-2500 a day). I have two daughters and train 3 times a week in the gym with weights and cardio as well as one time with pilates. I have just gotten back into working out after a long break due to injuries and my kids and I love it. I am always trying to work more in, in a healthy way of course. I have lost 10 kilos in the first 6 months of training and though my weight loss has slown down a lot, I am seeing a lot of changes in my body and strength. I have a very large frame and am currently about 182 pounds though I would like to eventually be around 175. I am not sure if that sounds interesting to you at all since we have different sizes and weight goals but I am pretty active in my weight loss / life changes right now.

I love to know/talk to people that have similar situations yet different. In a weird way, it helps me keep my body dismorphia in check. I battle with myself daily and getting input from others on any part that they might relate to helps me navigate through this process. :smiley:
  • countorama
    countorama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'9" and am also eating waaaaaay more than 1200 calories/day. That's starvation! I am trying to whittle off the last 5 lbs right now and usually eat 1800-2000 calories/day on a non-running day, and a bit more if I do a run. For exercise, I do walk and bike a LOT just getting around (we don't have a car), so I don't feel the need to spend hours and hours in a gym. I do a circuit workout at home 2-3x a week, and will go for a 4-6 mile run 2-3x/week.

I definitely also have some body dysmorphia issues and go back and forth on whether or not I actually care about this last 5 lbs I am working on. Part of me is afraid I'll get there and still think I should lose another 5 or 10 lbs! I think being tall does mess me up in that way a little b/c I see all these petite women walking around and I'm all "why don't I look like that???" and the fact is, I will NEVER look like that and I just need to stop letting myself do *any* sort of comparison with people who are 6 inches shorter and a completely different build! It's not even comparing apples and oranges, more like apples and chickens....
  • Phylliciadenton22
    Phylliciadenton22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Your story sound just like me i also have 3 kids im 5'11 154 ive been on the whole 30 diet and am trying to lose baby fat still my workout though consists of chasing kids