Need supportive friends

Options
Genette38
Genette38 Posts: 51 Member
Hi Everyone,

I've been going round and round this track for many years and I have hit an all time low. I am heavier than I have ever been, psychologically lower than I've ever been and I really feel like I could use some supportive friends to encourage me.

Probably not the best advert for a friend above but I promise that I will provide just as much support to my new friends and I hope we can lean on each other.

Thanks

Siousix

Replies

• Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are and have been there a lot here lately. I'm just now coming out of that mindset. You are strong, stronger than you know. Feel free to add me. It helps when someone else understands and can commiserate. :smile:
  • goodfelv
    goodfelv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Siousix! We've all been round and round this track... I totally understand where you're at now. Let's stick together and make this time round awesome! Have you found something that works for you? After years of up and down and up and down, I finally stumbled upon something that works really well for me. It's a privately owned gym in my neighbourhood with great classes and super supportive staff. Perhaps this group of MFP friends will be what supports you this time?! Hang in there.... as my husband says, you're here with a sincere commitment to trying again, and that's a lot better than not!
  • Genette38
    Options
    Thanks guys! Friend requests sent x
  • ravenzwart
    ravenzwart Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You'll probably find a lot of people here who know how you feel. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster for a lot of years. Since 10 years it has been affecting my weight also. Right now i am back on track and hope to keep going. So if you feel the need for more friends, feel free to add me.
  • ThePrimalSpartan
    ThePrimalSpartan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Siousix. I'm in the same boat. I've started slipping down the slippy slow of re-gaining the weight I had lost (only 10lbs so far but 10 is still a lot), and am desperately trying to turn it around. Getting back into MFP is definitely helping, so feel free to add me and message me any time. Same goes for everyone in the thread!
  • lorrjoe
    lorrjoe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Siousix. I am also in the same boat. I lost a total of 130 lbs. Needless to stay stress got a hold of me! I have gained 50 lbs of it back and I am miserable and feel awful about myself. I believe there's a lot out there who is in the same boat.
  • netflixnboxedwine
    Options
    oooh lawd honey. been there and am there. Emotional eating has always been my downfall. At one point I had lost over 30 pounds in a month. When I got dumped I said f it and started eating instead of crying or running or whatever. gained it all back and then some. Feel free to add me. we can support each other!
  • vhaughtington
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am at my highest weight yet and my clothes are too tight and I refuse to go buy new. I beat myself up all the time because I hate the way I look. I avoid going places because I don't want to see people I know. I know I eat because I am stressed and unhappy. I am married, have 4 kids, and own a dental practice. I feel like I don't have time to work on myself. Looking for others who I can share experiences with.
  • djhnd
    djhnd Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Happy to be supportive. I've hit that low before and it sucks. Sometimes though it really is the bottom.
  • misskris1963
    misskris1963 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am only a few weeks into this journey. We can support eachother.
  • MummyStumpf
    MummyStumpf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too. You can add me too
  • Genette38
    Options
    Hi Everyone, thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply to all. After the first few requests I didn't expect many more and didn't check back. I was feeling pretty down and not very positive. I guess I need to learn to have more faith in people. <3
  • ankhchik
    ankhchik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to friend me, I am looking for someone who I can text when I am down and will understand. I am 275 lbs and 5'3" so I'm not doing so hot...
  • Fiona3042
    Fiona3042 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I'm just starting out.... Again ( sigh!) Im trying to take it one very little step at a time and celebrate any little successes! Please add me as a friend. I need all the support i can get too!
  • alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been on this yo yo for 30 yrs now.
  • 333krissy
    333krissy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me to their friend list.
  • 333krissy
    Options
    ankhchik wrote: »
    If anyone wants to friend me, I am looking for someone who I can text when I am down and will understand. I am 275 lbs and 5'3" so I'm not doing so hot...

• 333krissy
    Options

You can add me
  • nomorewobble2015
    Options
    Add me too :) In need of support. Last year was horrendous for bad things happening and I put on two stone :( still stuck eating junk and trying excuses for not exercising. I've never been this heavy and I just feel rubbish which leads to eating more junk and feeling bad all over again x
  • jessrachel2191
    jessrachel2191 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too :)