Fat/Protein ratio, and calories

Options
dawlfin318
dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
So, in the past my weight loss has stalled and I did not know enough to figure out why. With the new science (beyond Atkins) I see the statement of" fat/protein".

So protein should be 1g/kg of body weight?

And how many grams of fat per day is the goal?

I am trying to stay under 20g carb/day and 1200-1500 calories / day.

What is the best fat/protein ratio?

Do I seriously need to avoid sugar alcohols? I really only get them in the breakfast (atkins bar- I think I need to stop these maybe?), and some sour (sugar free) candies- about two a day. Sorbitol is the sweetener.

If anyone knows the calculations I would love a link or your personal knowledge.

TIA for your knowledge and/or links.

-Dawl

Replies

• MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    The fat/protein/carb ratio is on individual preference really...check out the calculator previously posted. My lofty goal is 75/20/5...if I'm more like 70/25/5 that is fine with me.
    As far as your Atkins bars...I like them to. I don't seem to have a stall while eating them. However, I found its easier to find something new to replace my usual cereal with than basically a low carb version of it. Plus, those Peanut Butter Granola Bars are soooooo good. I've switch to having BPC in the morning and or eggs with coconut oil...maybe a sausage link with it.

If it works for you, thats great! Just something to keep in mind with a stall (I'm not sure if you mean you're in a stall now, or you would get into stalls with traditional diets). It may be something to eliminate or lessen for the time being.
  • dawlfin318
    Options
    MelRC117 wrote: »
    The fat/protein/carb ratio is on individual preference really...check out the calculator previously posted. My lofty goal is 75/20/5...if I'm more like 70/25/5 that is fine with me.
    As far as your Atkins bars...I like them to. I don't seem to have a stall while eating them. However, I found its easier to find something new to replace my usual cereal with than basically a low carb version of it. Plus, those Peanut Butter Granola Bars are soooooo good. I've switch to having BPC in the morning and or eggs with coconut oil...maybe a sausage link with it.

If it works for you, thats great! Just something to keep in mind with a stall (I'm not sure if you mean you're in a stall now, or you would get into stalls with traditional diets). It may be something to eliminate or lessen for the time being.

No stall yet. Want to lose 2-3 lb. /Wk. Just trying to avoid it, happened on Atkins yrs. Ago. Maybe it was carb creep. I have a hard time transitioning from at loss to maintenance.
  • dawlfin318
    Options
    hotsungirl wrote: »

This, I will check it out. ;-(