January 13

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
How is everybody doing this lovely week?

Things are going just great over here in the not so chilly as expected west. Nothing much of note is going on, but my muscles have been much happier with me this week in regards to my lifting. I was hoping they wouldn't stay mad at me for too long. I am looking forward to basketball hopefully tonight and Thursday. It may not shock any of you, but I don't like running. However, when I am playing a sport that has some end goal or purpose I don't mind the movement. For this I am grateful to basketball because it manages to get me my cardio by disguising it haha.

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Zac, you have the best attitude... I love reading your posts!

Maine is absolutely frigid and dark right now, a perfect time to hibernate. I'm still on wound healing restrictions, and right now I'm lying in bed at noon wearing pajamas and a hoodie, under four blankets (including an electric one), with one purring cat snuggled against my left side. I need to go downstairs and get the woodstove going since the house is about 58 degrees but don't want to leave my nest, lol.

Although I'm not exercising, I'm eating very little. I'm still in the soft foods/puree stage after gastric sleeve surgery, so breakfast is a protein shake, lunch is soup, and dinner is a protein drink. In another two weeks I can once again eat anything, only now in much smaller portions. I'm very happy with the restriction of my much smaller stomach and the reduced hunger. I haven't had anything with sugar in it since November 17.

I've no idea what I really weigh right now. My scale is one of those talking ones. When you tap it, it turns on and says Hello, then after it sets to zero, it says "I'm Ready." Then you're supposed to stand on it and it will announce your weight, then say "Goodbye" and shut down. Mine never tells me my weight. It just goes silent while I stand there and then says "Goodbye." I know I'm not over the scale limit of 550, and I just replaced the batteries, so I can only assume the scale is evil and trying to thwart my efforts!

Okay, time to rise and shine here, maybe accomplish something. Hope you are all well and happy and motivated today!!
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hello all! The week is going well here too Zac! Chilly at 6 C but suppose to get a bit warmer...or colder, depending on the weather report! I am struggling with jet lag...can't seem to stay awake when I come home from work. Hopefully this will end by Thursday/Friday!

Hope you warm up a bit Karen! Congrats about no sugar since November! Not an easy thing to give up!! And you are only two weeks away from real food!! Great job ! The pounds will melt off of you!

I am trying to stick to my goals...hardest one is not eating after 6 pm, but actually I have been able to manage it. (Probably coz I fall asleep!)

Anyone have any great/fun/interesting plans for the weekend??
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything super interesting going on this weekend. I have basketball tonight and probably a movie out with friends tomorrow and a game night on Saturday, but nothing too exciting. It'll be nice to just relax a bit.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm back from Wisconsin and getting rid of a cold (traveling is dangerous). I got way off track with my goals. I need to get better at keeping in check when I'm not home and/or not feeling well. But, back to it! Got my exercise in today and I should be able to meet my other goals as well.

Weekend should be nice. I have a friend coming in from out of town and she wants to go to the zoo. After she leaves, I'll be doing a bunch of wedding related stuff. Gotta get going on all the details now!