• surveying a room for a "safe" spot to sit
• clothes that never fit
• photographs of myself
• diet plans
• that I have knowledge of health and fitness I do not use
• discussing my weight
• discussing my thoughts on health and fitness subjects
• change, or so it would seem.

The list is not that long, but long enough. If I can fix the machine that does not work (my body and my mind) the rest will no longer be an issue.

Attempt to lose weight: Round 27. Ding Ding

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Hey welcome to one of the quietest group on MFP. Round 27? Wow that a long fight, you must be exhausted. So what's the plan to fix the machine?
  • Quiet is good. Tired for sure.

Every plan I make, gets lost before it gets real.

The new plan is no real plan.
    Eat less. Do more.
    Expect nothing. Appreciate everything.

• It's ok to Expect (thumbs up)

onto what I hate...most of all

My witch (not kidding, after 20 yrs I come to the conclusion she is indeed a witch) of a MIL looking at a pre injury picture, showing it to my kids, and saying "there's skinny daddy" when I was at the low point of my life.

The countdown is on...I'm out living that old *kitten* (thumbs up)
  • My kids have never known a "skinny daddy". Hopefully at some point they will.
    Witch indeed my man. That's pretty *kitten* of her.
  • ciscosdad
    ciscosdad Posts: 70 Member
    My wife was not as supportive as she is now. Strange how a cardiac event changes things. To be honest I was not as serious about my health before this ether. My kids have never known a skinny dad ether. This my friends is about to change! My kids are 7 and 5 year old triplets, I Will dance with my girls at their weddings. Long story short. I HATE it took a near heart attack and a 95% blockage to open my eyes. No one to blame but myself. Time to move foreword. Here comes (not skinny) fit dad.
  • My wife was/is never supportive of any diet. She "tried" to diet with me once. Failed within weeks. Mostly she bakes when I say I am going to try and diet. Sabotage.

This time, since I am not really on a diet just changing slight things, I have said nothing. And, no baking to be found :smile:

Not skinny but fit dad. I like that. I will never be skinny and I am cool with that. Want to be fit, not fat.
  • fireguychris
    fireguychris Posts: 58 Member
    My wife was/is never supportive of any diet. She "tried" to diet with me once. Failed within weeks. Mostly she bakes when I say I am going to try and diet. Sabotage.

This time, since I am not really on a diet just changing slight things, I have said nothing. And, no baking to be found :smile:

Not skinny but fit dad. I like that. I will never be skinny and I am cool with that. Want to be fit, not fat.
    my wife is supportive of my choice to get fit.. she knows if i dont do something i probably wont be around next year.. or the following..
    however, as i sit here and type, i smell the sweet, sweet aroma of her baking cinamon roles..
    fml.. i'm so hungry right now.
  • cwms3rd
    cwms3rd Posts: 31 Member
    Just read your list and that could have been my list. This is my fourth go around on MFP and I hate the yoyo experience. I hope we can all start crossing things off the hate list.