After Huge Weight Loss, Sagging Skin Remains

Options
NikonPal
NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
Just something I ran across & thought might be of interest to some...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/after-huge-weight-loss-sagging-skin-remains-n44481

Replies

• balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Just something I ran across & thought might be of interest to some...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/after-huge-weight-loss-sagging-skin-remains-n44481

Another good read.
  • yessi2
    yessi2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes great article!
  • NikonPal
    Options
    Another interesting piece form the Cleveland Clinic: Surgery After Significant Weight Loss

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/procedures/body-contouring/surgery-after-significant-weight-loss
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I noticed on the Cleveland Clinic website there were pictures of a woman who had liposuction and the "extra" skin that resulted from the procedure.

The physician said something interesting, to me. Paraphrasing here: the patient was aware that the liposuction procedure would mean she would have some loose skin, but she said she didn't care because her goal was to be smaller.

In her pictures it appears to me that the only thing sagging *is* her skin, which looks quite thin compared to the skin on some of the other people who have lost weight and had saggy skin. I wonder if some of that thicker looking saggy skin still has some fat under it.

I'm experiencing some saggy skin now, but I can live with it. I feel so much better and look a WHOLE lot better with my clothes on!

55835802.png
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I'm experiencing some saggy skin now, but I can live with it. I feel so much better and look a WHOLE lot better with my clothes on!

Same here. It's mostly visible on my middle and I'm hoping it shrinks, but it really doesn't bother me much. I can feel some elsewhere (like my butt) but it's not so obvious to sight.
  • NikonPal
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    I noticed on the Cleveland Clinic website there were pictures of a woman who had liposuction and the "extra" skin that resulted from the procedure....I wonder if some of that thicker looking saggy skin still has some fat under it.

I agree with that last statement totally. I probably will not pursue unless my physician says I need ventral hernia repair - in which case I might think of a simultaneous panniculectomy. BUT - all surgeries have risks & I have other medical issues - so that really puts me in the "I can live with it" category at this point.

73641431.png