Intense morning hunger

hippygirl325
hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
I seem to wake up some days and after I use the bathroom I start getting these hunger pangs that are almost nauseating and make me even gag. It's good compared to the horrible heavy bloated feeling I used to have every morning, actually knowing that my stomach is empty when I start the day and that my body isn't still working on digesting huge amounts of food. But it is kinda uncomfortable. I know the easiest solution is to just eat but I usually don't get around to making breakfast for at least an hour. Any tips about what I might be able to do to not be quite so hungry in the morning?

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    as long as i keep my fat numbers high and eat close to my calorie goal im usually ok for a little in the morning. But i keep cheese sticks around always so if i need a quick bite til breakfast i just grab one of those.
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    What time do you stop eating in the evening? Maybe a small snack before bed?
  • hotsungirl
    hotsungirl Posts: 107 Member
    You were really light for dinner on Sunday and Monday with only Tuna. Maybe that is adding to it?
  • hippygirl325
    I do try to actually eat a lot of my fat and more of my calories overall for dinner. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it. lol
  • hippygirl325
    And I also do usually eat pretty close to when I go to bed.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited January 2015
    are you sure its hunger as opposed to dehydration? I ask because so many talk of the ability to go for hours and hours without eating (longer than overnight), or of doing IF. I've read that a lot of times we feel what we might think is huger...and we are actually thirsty.
  • hippygirl325
    It definitely could have to do with dehydration. I'm good about water throughout the day but at night I get more lazy about it so that could actually be the case.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Are you drinking bpc? Once I have my two cups, I usually don't eat actual food until many hours later.
  • ABrownGrl
    ABrownGrl Posts: 41 Member
    I wake up with those same feelings sometimes...like I'm gonna puke. :s It's a terrible feeling so I feel for you @hippygirl325‌

I need to write down the times I eat, go to bed, and when I wake up starving to see if I can figure out why. I think it's on mornings when I haven't met my macros the previous day.

Dehydration....hmm....maybe that's my problem too. I'll have to also be better about writing down how much water I'm drinking. Guess I've got some goals to work on!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    I'd agree with the dehydration theory. Start your morning off with a glass of water. It will get something in your stomach and keep those hunger pains at bay until you can make breakfast.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have found that if I eat a decent sized meal late, I am not hungry at all in the morning. I had a three egg omelette with cream cheese and a fat bomb at 8pm, then didn't even get the urge to eat till 11 or 12 the next morning. I just found this out through trial and error, but it seems to work well for me! I also hydrate a lot, and often exercise fasted in the morning. Exercise is a great suppressor of hunger when you're not quite sure whether those stomach niggles are hunger or boredom/habit!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    "stomach niggles"....love it. thank you for the new addition to my vocab!
  • Drink a full glass of ice water before bed and do the same thing once you wake up. Water is good for the body and helps your stomach feel full, even temporarily. Water is very important while on keto, too. So it's a win/win!