thigh slimming

Options
ThinnerHill
ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
I have noticed a considerable difference in waist inches coming off and feel great about it. How long did it take for people to notice their thigh fat going away? I'm starting to look like a pear and I don't like it. Help please.

NSV: Pulled my work slacks off without unbuttoning yesterday!!!!!!

Replies

• SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Having skinny legs, I've never had a problem with big thighs. Most of my extra weight was centered around my torso. At my heaviest I looked more like an olive on a toothpick.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Because I store most of my bodyfat in my rear and thighs, plus backs of my arms, those are the last places I actually notice significant losses. You should measure every 3-4 weeks and keep a log of your measurements. You are probably losing size there, but just don't realize it. We can't force our bodies to lose fat where we want them to or in just one place, so just give it time. You are losing weight all over, you just may not notice in some places as quickly as other places. For me the first place I noticed was hands/feet, wrists/ankles, then face, upper body, waist, now I'm noticing hips/buttocks/thighs more than I was before, even though I know I was losing there all along.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Because I store most of my bodyfat in my rear and thighs, plus backs of my arms, those are the last places I actually notice significant losses. You should measure every 3-4 weeks and keep a log of your measurements. You are probably losing size there, but just don't realize it. We can't force our bodies to lose fat where we want them to or in just one place, so just give it time. You are losing weight all over, you just may not notice in some places as quickly as other places. For me the first place I noticed was hands/feet, wrists/ankles, then face, upper body, waist, now I'm noticing hips/buttocks/thighs more than I was before, even though I know I was losing there all along.

That^^. I haven't lost on my waist in a month, but have other places. My calves are looking pretty damn sexy though. Waist needs to get in gear. But it will do what it wants. Smaller somewhere is smaller, period. Hang in there.
  • volfan22
    volfan22 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise? I do cross fit 2x per week and cardio 2-3 times per week - but I didn't do that until 5 months ago - prior, I just saw belly fat reduction and some in my hips - but my legs didn't kick in until I started working out. I have a very slow paced job - (sit on my *kitten* all day) - so I need my "move" time.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    SteveKroll wrote: »
    Having skinny legs, I've never had a problem with big thighs. Most of my extra weight was centered around my torso. At my heaviest I looked more like an olive on a toothpick.

LOL! Me too... Or if a guy could look pregnant, that would be me...

Or somehow Wiki got a picture of me, I don't know how, but if you go to:

Wikipedia Metabolic Syndrome

In the upper right hand side, there I be.... >:)

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think they are starting to slim down!!!!! Maybe I'm imagining ig. IDK. I'm down 25 pounds now as well. Feeling great. Hubby can tell a difference, me only cause I wore a smaller pair of pants to work. I can't see it. Shooting for 5 more in the next 4 days. High hopes.