Depression/ anxiety mess

Options
Hi everyone. I struggle with anxiety and depression, but mostly anxiety. My anxiety makes me binge sometimes. I am currently not on medication but my therapist thinks I may need them. Has anyone found medication to help with binge eating?

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    Have you taken the Steps with a sponsor? It has been my experience that it helps to take the Steps first before seeking outside solutions.
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I take anxiety meds 'as needed'. I tried a daily one, but didn't like it, so stopped after 3 months. When I remember to use the meds, it is really helpful. I sometimes don't realize I need one in time, but I'm getting better at that. I have had a couple of times that I was even smart enough to take them in advance (court for example) and I know they made the difference in how I handled the situation, and how I handled the rest of the day, too. I've been using them for 3 years, in OA for 10. The steps are not the answer to every problem, in my experience, and the BB reminds us to seek outside help if we need it.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    In my experience the steps are the answer to every problem, but to each his or her own, if the steps havent worked in your case, try something else until you find your path!