Ancle pain...

Options
ana_lalic
ana_lalic Posts: 26 Member
Im currently finished day 4 level 2 and ever since the end of level 1 i sarted experiencing storng ankle pain after i finish the workout and it lasts for couple of hours. Have any of you experienced something similar and what are yout recomendations to ease the pain?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• kelleybean81
    kelleybean81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been having both knee and ankle pain since I started the level 1 workout. The ankle pain seems to go away after the workout, but my knees are starting to worry me since I stopped doing the workouts a week ago today and I'm not seeing any improvement. I'm still hobbling around with a knee brace on.
  • GrooveAndImprove
    GrooveAndImprove Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi @kelleybean81‌, I think you may just need to ease back into exercising slowly and then maybe revisit the 30DS later (or not).
    You should look for low-impact cardio YouTube videos, or cycle, or elliptical. Even just a little bit will help your knees. They say cycling is great for that. You might want to keep your knee immobile, but that won't ultimately help it. Physical therapy exercises would help too.
    Later, if you feel like you want to try 30DS again, you should modify the squats and the jumping actions from Level 1. You can incorporate low-impact cardio exercises you learned elsewhere in place of all of the jumping. It also helps to do the squats onto a chair. If you have a dining room chair or a chair without arms, you'd perform the squats more properly. Many people shift their weight incorrectly when doing squats, but having the chair behind you and pretending to sit in it (without actually sitting) may help you perform the action correctly without putting as much stress on the knees. You should only squat until the point that your knees buckle in or out, do not push it farther than that because that would cause more harm than good. You can also look up proper squat form videos and explanations. They help a lot.
    Hope you feel better soon!