Pounds

Options
Michka212
Michka212 Posts: 8 Member
I was just wondering. How many pounds have you lost swimming. I'm just wondering because i know there is a point where you just begin to get muscles.

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 20 since October.

However, swimming for weight loss isn't a great idea unless you're REALLY good at sticking to a calorie plan. (Or swim before meals. I come out of the pool wanting to Eat All the Things)

Have I put on muscle? Probably, though I haven't been tracking body fat percentage. I HAVE, however, noticed that I have no trouble at all lifting a five gallon jug of water to replace in the water cooler. I couldn't throw 40 lbs of water around like it was nothing before I got back in the pool!
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Michka212 wrote: »
    I was just wondering. How many pounds have you lost swimming. I'm just wondering because i know there is a point where you just begin to get muscles.

I've lost nearly 2 kgs since the start of the year. I think that's about 4.4 lbs. I have been keeping an eye on my calories, though. I have read online that an hour of swimming or aqua jogging can burn at least 500 calories. I usually make between 45 minutes to an hour each session.
  • newoutlook2014
    newoutlook2014 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Also I find that if I eat a meal 2 to 3 hours before I go swimming that I don't get the usual munchies after training.
  • AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Lost 15 kilos swimming and calorie counting.
    But as they say, watching what you eat is 70-80% and exercise 20-30%.
  • Michka212
    Michka212 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I eat a couple hours before swimming and I swim at least for an hour a day. I want to get it up though. I used to be on a competitive swim team so i think that helps me to keep swimming and not worr about the time.
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I lost 44 lbs by calorie counting and swimming for exercise.