Brussel Sprouts Smell

Options
ortega1990
ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
Last night I roasted brussel sprouts to the point that I almost burned them, in the hopes that they would not smell once cooked. I have some left this morning and they still smell yucky... any suggestions on how to get rid of the smell?

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Lol :smile: are you going to eat them, smell? Or does your kitchen smell? Baking soda in a cup or bowl, or cook something else to counter the smell. My husband hates the smell of my kimchi and bone broth. Maybe open a window.
  • emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If you're eating them maybe squeeze some lemon over them.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've done that before, I just ate them, they were still good with Ghee and onions
  • Captaincove
    Captaincove Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cooking them with onions and garlic helps.
  • jeanette526
    jeanette526 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    for a treat I fry them with some coconut oil, honey and nuts. It's like desert.
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    They are just smelly, like broccoli. I imagine my coworkers hate how much reheated broccoli I eat. It's going to be somewhat nice this weekend and I can not wait to open my kitchen windows, my house smells meat-y and food-y since I've been cooking so much and I'd like to air it out!!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had my leftover sprouts for lunch and even though slightly smelly, they tasted fine. I've never roasted sprouts before and I thought that like with cauliflower, the smell would be completely gone by roasting. A squeeze of lemon over them sounds good!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    A nice way to prepare brussels sprouts is to boil them 5-10 minutes , drain, drizzle with walnut oil, butter, and salt & pepper. Delish, and no smell.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I LOVE burnt brussels sprouts with some oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. I never notice the smell I guess because all my favorite veggies smell! LOL Broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, asparagus, artichokes...
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    They are in the same family as cabbage & broccoli so they smell. I love them shredded in a food processor & roasted with olive oil until they caramelize. Toss some bacon pieces & enjoy!
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I cook a bunch of bacon first then slice the little heads really thin and toss them right into the bacon fat, cook them, toss back in the bacon and UMMMMMM