the ole' pig skin - a call out for dan the man

nill4me
nill4me Posts: 682 Member
And no I'm not talking football here, although i will be using them for nachos on sunday...

I'm talking pork rinds my friend. We had discussion on these a while back...I think Dan the Man from Many a Land started it, but dcristo, i know you are out there, and you would like this.

This may be old hat for some, but I recently stumbled upon these little nuggets of goodness that you pop into your nuclear box for a couple of minutes, and poof. Pork rinds. Crunchy, lightly salted, warm and toasty pork rinds. No other ingredients. Pork. Salt. done. Its a whole food.

I ordered them off of the Amazingzon on the inter-webs. I put a paper towel in the nuclear box. spread a few out, push the 2 minute button and watch. They puff into yummy tasty pork rinds like magic. It's better than Sea Monkeys and Magic Rocks combined!!!!

Here is a link to what i got.

http://www.amazon.com/Carolina-Gold-Nuggets-Microwave-Bake-N-Puffs/dp/B002O5QWD8/ref=sr_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1421464029&sr=1-1&keywords=pork+rinds#customerReviews

I know that pork rinds are kind of love / hate. either you love or hate them. The only word of warning i have is that if you love them....they are addictive. So are carbs. i'll take the oink skin.

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    nill4me wrote: »
    And no I'm not talking football here, although i will be using them for nachos on sunday...

I'm talking pork rinds my friend. We had discussion on these a while back...I think Dan the Man from Many a Land started it, but dcristo, i know you are out there, and you would like this.

This may be old hat for some, but I recently stumbled upon these little nuggets of goodness that you pop into your nuclear box for a couple of minutes, and poof. Pork rinds. Crunchy, lightly salted, warm and toasty pork rinds. No other ingredients. Pork. Salt. done. Its a whole food.

I ordered them off of the Amazingzon on the inter-webs. I put a paper towel in the nuclear box. spread a few out, push the 2 minute button and watch. They puff into yummy tasty pork rinds like magic. It's better than Sea Monkeys and Magic Rocks combined!!!!

Hi Nill, it sounds interesting, I'll have to try some. I think I'll make some chicken flavored mayonnaise salad and put that on them.

Dan the Man from pork rind land
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    awesome
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Lowery's (Oberto) makes a brand of microwave pork rinds as well in regular and spicy flavors. They are so much tastier than the already "puffed" ones by Frito Lay or Mission.

Another treat can be made w/ these if you're looking for something on the sweeter side. Pop a bag of pork rinds and drizzle w/ melted butter, then sprinkle w/ a mixture of stevia or splenda and cinnamon (you can do this right in the bag). Close bag and shake well and you end up w/ a sweet cinnamon "sugar" treat. :-)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited January 2015
    tru2one wrote: »
    Lowery's (Oberto) makes a brand of microwave pork rinds as well in regular and spicy flavors. They are so much tastier than the already "puffed" ones by Frito Lay or Mission.

Another treat can be made w/ these if you're looking for something on the sweeter side. Pop a bag of pork rinds and drizzle w/ melted butter, then sprinkle w/ a mixture of stevia or splenda and cinnamon (you can do this right in the bag). Close bag and shake well and you end up w/ a sweet cinnamon "sugar" treat. :-)

That sounds good! I'll try to find the microwave pork rinds. The cinnamon pork rinds sound great, I wanna try it.

I wonder if a person could make a coconut oil/butter fat bomb using Cinnamon & Stevia/Splenda? (and some nuts)...

Dan the Man from Michigan

• sbom1
    sbom1 Posts: 227 Member
    Love chicharones!! Hard to find them without MSG around here. Found this site today for ready made crushed pork rinds: http://theporkdust.com/index.html
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Thank you for the link!
  • oyadancing
    oyadancing Posts: 91 Member
    nil4me: Ok. Stop right now. And they're from The Amazon? Ordering right this minute.

true2one: Melted butter and cinnamon... (speechless)

Thank you both!