can anyone have a look at my food diary for today?

Options
2»

Replies

• cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You should add in a fiber column so it's easy for you to subtract it from your carbs. You need to try and be under 20 net carbs until you're keto adapted.
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    I can tolerate very little cheese , my digestive system totally has a melt down

Well I was about to say that I thought I saw a post here a few days about about keto without dairy, but I see you were the one that started that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/search?q=dairy+free&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

There is a search of the keto subreddit for the phrase "Dairy Free". Might help some.

What abou tofu? not fatty enough i guess?

1/2 cup of tofu according to google is 6g fat/1.9g net carbs (2.3-0.4 fiber)/10g protein. 94 calories total. Nothing wrong with that if you like tofu. For a lot of things like this the answer is "if it fits your macros". This one food doesn't need to have an ideal ratio of fat to protein, if you like it, go for it, and just adjust other things to find a little more fat to get to the numbers you want.
    thanks heaps. and hey tofu fried in the pan w butter is yummy in my opinion.

• embersdream
    Options
    cdn_beaver wrote: »
    You should add in a fiber column so it's easy for you to subtract it from your carbs. You need to try and be under 20 net carbs until you're keto adapted.

thanks ok, a fibre column. not sure exactly what u mean , but i'll try n figure it out.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

thanks ok, a fibre column. not sure exactly what u mean , but i'll try n figure it out.

Go to the "Food" tab, then "Settings", then in the "Nutrients Tracked" section, add "Fiber" from the drop-down box.
    bixUib4.jpg
  • embersdream
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »

Go to the "Food" tab, then "Settings", then in the "Nutrients Tracked" section, add "Fiber" from the drop-down box.
    bixUib4.jpg
    thank you kindly
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the keto calculator? That should give you a good start for setting up your macros, and then you can tweak from there. http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Good job getting started! Everyone has to start somewhere, and it's a learning process. :smile:
  • embersdream
    Options
    Have you tried the keto calculator? That should give you a good start for setting up your macros, and then you can tweak from there. http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Good job getting started! Everyone has to start somewhere, and it's a learning process. :smile:
    thankyou, that looks really good. Wwll I am losing weight again so i must be doing something right, not heaps but a tiny bit each day so Im happy with that. unfortunately I didnt put my start weight when i started the Keto, forgot all about it , so I have lost more than what it says on MFP . but its about 5-6 pounds already. i have a lot to go about 25 I think , but I am happy with the start.
    thanks for your support everyone.
  • shortnsassy1981
    shortnsassy1981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Her current macros per her diary are fine. 120 gm of protein is still with Phinney and Volek's provided range of moderate protein intake. They state fat should be eaten to satiety. You are not required to eat copious amounts of fat to stay in ketosis. Ketosis is caused by a lack of carbs and protein is muscle sparing and good for building lean body mass. If she is around 90 - 100 grams of fat she is still getting about 880-900 calories a day from fat which is still high fat consumption.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    ok this makes sense, not sure how exactly to do the high fat without the protein yet.

Common easy ways for many people:

-- add cheese to things that you like, it adds some fat and usually tastes awesome.
    -- Replace boneless/skinless chicken breast with chicken thighs with the skin on. Its cheaper and adds fat and to many people tastes way better.
    -- No buying lean beef anymore, 85/15 or even 80/20 is going to be cheaper, taste better, and fit keto macros a lot better.

Also, cooking in butter or coconut oil is awesome.

Bacon fat, grass fed butter, olive oil, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, fatty meats. MY faves are 80/20 ground beef, chicken thighs (skin on, bone in), boston butt(pork) and BACON!!!

Common day for me includes a midday meal that is 16oz coffee with 7-14g coconut oil and 2tbsp hwc, eggs cooked in butter, and possibly bacon (if not bacon, then cheese/meat in the eggs, scrambled or omelet). Dinner includes another reasonable portion of not so lean meat (or if the meat is lean, more fat in the cooking method or sides) and a leafy or cruciferous veg, either cooked in olive oil or bacon fat, or steamed and slathered in butter.

For example, tonight's dinner is 4.5oz kielbasa (boar's head, carb free, woot), 4oz mushrooms and 2oz of peppers (green and red) stir fried with 2tsp olive oil. Then I will have a 16oz coffee with 2tbsp hwc when I take my kid to hockey at the rink. The whole deal is 492 calories, 8 carbs(2 fiber), 42 fat and 25 protein. Puts me at 9 total carbs for the day, heh.