Good Fat Bomb Recipe?

Options
I've just discovered fat bombs! I'm using a kind of boot-leg recipe and it is good, but I feel like it could be better - does anyone have any really delicious fat bomb recipes?

Replies

• tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Here's mine (makes 18):

8.00 Tablespoons, Almond Butter Creamy With Sea Salt
    8.00 tbsp (5ml), Raw Organic Coconut Oil
    4.00 tbsp, Butter - Salted
    3.00 Tbsp, Baking Cocoa
    4-6 TBSP of Torani SF syrup to taste (I like English Toffee or Hazelnut)

0.25 cup, Chopped Pecans Mk

133 calories, 14g fat, 2g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g protein

Melt & combine thoroughly first 4 ingredients. Add syrup to taste. Pour into ice cube trays or molds (silicone candy molds work well and can stretch recipe. Adjust nutritional info to account for servings you make). Sprinkle w/ chopped pecans or other nuts. Freeze. Remove from molds and store in freezer in ziploc or plastic ware.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    8 tbsp. refined coconut oil (I use Louanna's)
    4 tbsp. butter
    2 packets of Splenda or Stevia (or equivalent in liquid sweetener)
    5 tbsp. unsweetened Ghirabaldi cocoa powder (Hershey's if you can't find other) If you want to cut a few carbs, use less.
    Your favorite fatty nuts/seeds, I use mixed nuts.
    Melt and combine first (4) ingredients. Actually, I used an immersion blender, and I think they turned out better than the half a dozen other times I made it. I noticed that Stevia has a hard time dissolving in oils. So maybe use liquid Stevia, I like the taste of Splenda better, so I use it.

Take a muffin/cupcake pan and line with cupcake papers. I put a generous portion of nuts in each cup. Put as much or a little you want. Then pour mixture over top of the nuts, try to keep it even from cup to cup.

Freeze. Bag. Use MFP to calculate macros.

If I had a mold, I would use it instead of the papers. I noticed when I peel the paper off the bombs, there are a few slivers of chocolate that fall off, right on the front of my shirt....then melt ... and it looks like crap on my shirt... LOL!

Enjoy,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • ChiTownGirl824
    ChiTownGirl824 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you both - I will try these - they sound much better than mine.

And I'm familiar with the "crap on the shirt" situation Dan, I literally LOL'd when I read that.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Thank you both - I will try these - they sound much better than mine.

And I'm familiar with the "crap on the shirt" situation Dan, I literally LOL'd when I read that.

LOL!
  • cdn_beaver
    cdn_beaver Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Peanut butter swirl brownies found here: alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2012/08/peanut-butter-swirl-brownies-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html
    When I use Baker's 100% baking chocolate, 8T butter, 6T coconut oil, and Skippy peanut butter it turns out to be:
    Calories (1 of 16) : 248
    Fat: 23g
    Protein: 6g
    Carbs: 5g
    Fiber: 3g
    Net Carbs: 2g
    Macros: (87% fat, 10% protein, 3% carbs)

I've been eating them for my fat fast. They are so, so good.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My go-to recipe:
    .5 C. virgin coconut oil
    1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality, like Ghiradelli)
    .5 T. grade b maple syrup
    1/4 chopped walnuts

Melt oil and mix in cocoa and maple. Fill silicone molds (like ice cube trays) with nuts and pour oil mix on top. Stick in freezer.

Nutrition-wise they come to 105 calories each, with 11 grams fat (1 carb, 1 sugar).

Experiment. Almond butter, cinnamon, different nuts, a mix of butter and oil, etc. are all good additions. I played with sweeteners and maple I've decided is the right one for me, but you could try a variety of them to see what works for you.

Other fat bomb ideas (and other recipes in general) can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleorific/

:smile:
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My go-to recipe:
    .5 C. virgin coconut oil
    1 T. unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality, like Ghiradelli)
    .5 T. grade b maple syrup
    1/4 chopped walnuts

Melt oil and mix in cocoa and maple. Fill silicone molds (like ice cube trays) with nuts and pour oil mix on top. Stick in freezer.

Nutrition-wise they come to 105 calories each, with 11 grams fat (1 carb, 1 sugar).

Experiment. Almond butter, cinnamon, different nuts, a mix of butter and oil, etc. are all good additions. I played with sweeteners and maple I've decided is the right one for me, but you could try a variety of them to see what works for you.

Other fat bomb ideas (and other recipes in general) can be found here: http://www.pinterest.com/melismusing/paleorific/

:smile:

Meant to add, recipe above makes 12 bombs.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    4.00 TBSP (32g), Smooth Almond Butter
    32.00 g(s), Cream Cheese, Philadelphia Original, Brick
    32.00 g., Coconut Oil (Grams)
    64.00 g, Butter
    0.50 square (14g), Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
    15.00 drops, Stevia Clear - Liquid Stevia

I melt all the above together in a big glass measuring cup, using a stick blender or my milk frother to make it smooth, then pour into silicone molds:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VPZ14Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make perfect mini candy sized little bars.

Nutrition info:

88 calories
    9g fat
    1g carb
    1g fiber
    1g protein
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cut cream cheese into squares and roll around in SF jello.
    I'll also sprinkle a little dry SF jello on mascarpone and eat it with a spoon. mm mm. There's always room for Jello.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    64.00 g, Butter

I melt all the above together in a big glass measuring cup, using a stick blender or my milk frother to make it smooth, then pour into silicone molds:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VPZ14Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nutrition info:

88 calories
    9g fat
    1g carb
    1g fiber
    1g protein

THANK YOU NIC!!!! I just bought two different sizes there. I'm gonna be a fat bomb fool as soon as I get them (2 day Amazon prime)....

Dan the Fat Bomb Man from Michigan

• DittoDan
    Options
    I don't know if it qualifies as a fat bomb per se, but I bought some strawberry flavored Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I just scoop it out and eat it. No muss, no fuss. Its like a small dessert after eating my main meal.

5G carbs in 2 tablespoons.

I hope this helps,

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    64.00 g, Butter

Nutrition info:

88 calories
    9g fat
    1g carb
    1g fiber
    1g protein

THANK YOU NIC!!!! I just bought two different sizes there. I'm gonna be a fat bomb fool as soon as I get them (2 day Amazon prime)....

Dan the Fat Bomb Man from Michigan

Yeah, I have the little bar molds and some little cup ones (think mini cupcake size roughly).

Unmolding is super easy, just pop out from the bottom once frozen. One hint: make sure to use a piece of cardboard or baking tray under the molds for transfering until frozen. The silicone is somewhat floppy.

• kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There are a lot of recipes that are nut based, which unfortunately stalls me out straight away!
    I use cocoa butter, powdered sweetener (stevia or erythritol), some finely grated lemon rind and some lemon essence. Straight into silicone molds and the fridge. The best thing is cocoa butter has a high melting point so you can keep them out of the fridge for longer than coconut oil or butter based bombs, so they travel better. They look like white chocolate too. Delish!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    So, if I use cocoa butter with unsweetened cocoa powder, plus some splenda/stevia, would that make sugar free chocolate bar?

• kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Its certainly worth a try Dan! Maybe put a bit of cream in too though - its the creaminess that would make it more chocolate-like. I found putting sweeteners in cocoa butter can give you a bit of a gritty texture if you're not careful. Still tastes great though!
  • sarysan
    sarysan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Google Lemon Clouds...I found it on Pinterest. Holy yum. So sorry, short on time or I'd paste it here. I do add lemon essential oil though, couple drops. Need to get my boys in bed. Enjoy!!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So, if I use cocoa butter with unsweetened cocoa powder, plus some splenda/stevia, would that make sugar free chocolate bar?

Post back about the cocoa butter. I have a big bag I ordered around the holidays that i haven't gotten around to using yet!

Love silicone molds! I put a small amount (TSP or so) of shredded parmesan (the kind in a tub...not the green can stuff) in each mold, and nuke for about a minute, 1:20. It makes a crunchy cracker thing. sometimes i sprinkle italian season or whatever on before nuking. good for snacks...dips..

I also have a silicone cupcake mold that i use to bake eggs in. put a piece of ham in, a TBS of finely chopped tomato or onion or whatever, a tbsp of cheese, crack an egg on top and bake in the oven.
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    8 tbsp. refined coconut oil (I use Louanna's)
    4 tbsp. butter
    2 packets of Splenda or Stevia (or equivalent in liquid sweetener)
    5 tbsp. unsweetened Ghirabaldi cocoa powder (Hershey's if you can't find other) If you want to cut a few carbs, use less.
    Your favorite fatty nuts/seeds, I use mixed nuts.
    Melt and combine first (4) ingredients. Actually, I used an immersion blender, and I think they turned out better than the half a dozen other times I made it. I noticed that Stevia has a hard time dissolving in oils. So maybe use liquid Stevia, I like the taste of Splenda better, so I use it.

Take a muffin/cupcake pan and line with cupcake papers. I put a generous portion of nuts in each cup. Put as much or a little you want. Then pour mixture over top of the nuts, try to keep it even from cup to cup.

Freeze. Bag. Use MFP to calculate macros.

If I had a mold, I would use it instead of the papers. I noticed when I peel the paper off the bombs, there are a few slivers of chocolate that fall off, right on the front of my shirt....then melt ... and it looks like crap on my shirt... LOL!

Enjoy,

MMMM! gotta make this! And go ahead, crap on your shirt, lol. That was hilarious!

• DittoDan
    Options
    <snip>

<snip>

Nic, Got my molds today! They look great, high quality. Will make some tomorrow...thanks for posting!