New here- looking for Paleo friends!

Options
Hi All,

Just joined MFP and am looking for some fellow Paleo peeps for support :)

I'll cheer you on if you guys keep me honest!

Happy Saturday!

Replies

• emilymean
    emilymean Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the paleo party.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • ryoungless
    ryoungless Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'll add you!
  • MiRatlhed
    MiRatlhed Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have a good time here and we are here to help if you get off track.
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. When I get my act together I'll start posting paleo recipes too.
  • ddailey0689
    Options
    Hello all!

New to MFP and paleo. Would love to make some new friends to help me through my healthy living journey. Thank you :)
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ddailey0689 I sent you a friend request. Feel free to add.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well, but logging Paleo goodness with diligence. Please add me!
  • alex_ramage
    alex_ramage Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking for motivation friends too please add me.
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can always use more paleo friends. Please feel free to add me :-)
  • jessilynn1982
    jessilynn1982 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today my husband and I have started out first day on the Primal Blueprint. Been on myfitnesspal for a couple of years, but think I have finally found a lifestyle that fits us within PB. Would love to have some like minded Paleo/Primal Blueprint friends! I'm trying to lose weight, but my husband is trying to gain. :smile:
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been mostly Paleo for the last year and a half. I say mostly because I'm in the military and there are times (like when we go to the field) that eating Paleo is just not possible. But as soon as we are back, it's back to meat, veggies and fat.
    Feel free to add me!
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to MFP and to Paleo/Primal. I have been reading up on it for a couple of years and make slow changes.
  • russ8780
    Options
    I'm new to MFP as well and did the paleo solution on a deployment four years ago and lost 44 lbs(20 of it found it's way home). It is a great diet if you have the willpower. I would love to blame my falling off the wagon on my awesome wife or child (both of whom love their starchy carbs and snacks) but it's all on me giving into temptations. I think with the proper support I would be able to do it again though. (haha, now I'm blaming all of you). Best of luck prairiedana. Anyone here feel free to add me.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. Please put "primal/paleo group" in the request, though, so I know you came from this group, if it's not too much trouble.

I'm not online much right now, but I am trying to get on the computer at least once a day, again, to start logging again, to make sure I get enough calories. (Having dropped all the "other" stuff that crept into my diet during the holidays, I'm so full of good, healthy food that it's hard to get enough calories. I love paleo/primal!)
  • brayjr
    brayjr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Looking for paleo friend also....count me and add me. I have just started and need some motivation.
  • yeti1yeti
    yeti1yeti Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too from down-under!!
  • susanitalee
    Options
    Hey guys, I've been strict Paleo for almost two years and lost weight only when I did the Whole30 diet. Sadly, that's extremely difficult to maintain. My problem is that I have fibromyalgia which all but prevents me from losing weight. At one point I had two personal trainers scratching their heads when they saw my workout schedule and my food diary. However, I do feel incredible on this diet and my blood tests show I'm SO much healthier, so I'm sticking with it.

This go around, I'm going to try my FitBit, plus a heart rate monitor plus MyFitnessPal. I hope that combination, along with my regular workouts, will at least help.

My problem is I don't know what to put in the calories section of MyFitnessPal. Since we aren't really supposed to count calories on Paleo. Any ideas?

FYI, here's what I have for protein, carbs and fat (though I'm not sure it's right either):
    Carbs: 78 Fat: 118 Protein: 58
  • meshamimi
    meshamimi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would you please add me too? I eat pretty Paleo-ish and I would love to have some friends who share that lifestyle.