How is everyone's biking going?

Options
I struggled last week with everything but I did get 25 miles in ^_^
Happy to have this challenge since it keeps me going. My knees have been a wee bit sore but I'm sure me being lazy has caused some of the problem. It is soo nice here in KCMO! I should have gotten the bike rack so I could take the bike to some trails! How is everyone else? Any goals for week 3? Hope you all have an AMAZING week! Keep up the awesome job!

Replies

• qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did 4.33 miles today! I haven't biked since I broke my foot 8 days ago. I am being careful and using no tension and this gigantic cam boot! I will see how it feels tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to do it again! Always hopeful!!!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Tatajana... I've ridden all over LSMO (Tour de Lakes, Summer Breeze, other training rides).. plus you have trails around Longview you can ride... hope you got the bike out last weekend, it was AWESOME. With more mid 50s heading our way this weekend you should be able to get some more outdoor miles! Go for it! :smile: I will likely get out and ride Line Creek again Sat or Sun (or both :smiley: )

Wow, Qweenovme... that sux about your foot. Hope it heals quickly & well!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    wiglet23 wrote: »
    Tatajana... I've ridden all over LSMO (Tour de Lakes, Summer Breeze, other training rides).. plus you have trails around Longview you can ride... hope you got the bike out last weekend, it was AWESOME. With more mid 50s heading our way this weekend you should be able to get some more outdoor miles! Go for it! :smile: I will likely get out and ride Line Creek again Sat or Sun (or both :smiley: )

Wow, Qweenovme... that sux about your foot. Hope it heals quickly & well!!

I got my bike out but I just did the neighborhood for a bit and didn't count it. I hate trying to get it in my car and out of it. I live close to the Blue Trace Trail and that's the trail I like to ride my bike on. I walk Longview (Graduated College there) and I walk Lakewood even though it was made for cyclist. I live across the street from it though!

• PBWaffleCakes
    Options
    qweenovme wrote: »
    I did 4.33 miles today! I haven't biked since I broke my foot 8 days ago. I am being careful and using no tension and this gigantic cam boot! I will see how it feels tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to do it again! Always hopeful!!!

Take it easy! Hopefully you recover soon!
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've ridden and run LBT countless times. Have you done the whole thing out to Indep & back? You can get upwards of 30mi. Eventually it's SUPPOSED to be extended all the way through LS... not sure when, tho.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Happy to have this challenge since it keeps me going. My knees have been a wee bit sore but I'm sure me being lazy has caused some of the problem. It is soo nice here in KCMO! I should have gotten the bike rack so I could take the bike to some trails! How is everyone else? Any goals for week 3? Hope you all have an AMAZING week! Keep up the awesome job!

Tatajana, love your enthusiasm!!! You have been quite consistent and I am so proud!! I'm sore from yesterday still because I did a lot of squats. I didn't bike as many miles as I had intended but I'm slowly building back up to it :-) My goal is to bike more miles every week!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    Options
    wiglet23 wrote: »
    I've ridden and run LBT countless times. Have you done the whole thing out to Indep & back? You can get upwards of 30mi. Eventually it's SUPPOSED to be extended all the way through LS... not sure when, tho.
    I have done from Lee's Summit Rd to Valley View Park Way. Did I mention I am somewhat afraid of my actual bike so I bike extremely slow? Yeah. I also walk even though I determined to at least walk the 14 miles one way one day! It's usually time that holds me back.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    Options

Tatajana, love your enthusiasm!!! You have been quite consistent and I am so proud!! I'm sore from yesterday still because I did a lot of squats. I didn't bike as many miles as I had intended but I'm slowly building back up to it :-) My goal is to bike more miles every week!

Gotta keep the spirits up! ^_^ Mostly because mornings at not my friend lol. This week I am hoping to bike 100 miles and next week I am hoping to do that as well. I am going to try to squeeze 38 miles in tomorrow. I should just bike 8 more miles tonight and bike 30 miles tomorrow. Oh well.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Gotta keep the spirits up! ^_^ Mostly because mornings at not my friend lol. This week I am hoping to bike 100 miles and next week I am hoping to do that as well. I am going to try to squeeze 38 miles in tomorrow. I should just bike 8 more miles tonight and bike 30 miles tomorrow. Oh well.

Haha that's ambitious! I like to break it up because otherwise I get sore. Good luck to you :-)

• qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I was told by my dr. today that I "need to stay off that bike and that foot" so I will not be adding to my total but I am still proud of me for joining a group with every intention to reach my goal. I know had I not injured myself I would have made it! When I heal my foot I will be back!!! I will add up my totals at the end of the month and give myself an A for effort!!!