Weekly Post 18/01/15 -24/01/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
I'm enjoying my weekend in the mountains. When we arrived on Friday. ..no snow. ..but it snowed Friday night and all of Saturday, so 30-50 cm of powder!

I have enjoyed too much wine and food as well as two nice snowshoe hikes. One more tomorrow and then off to home base and a fast on Tuesday.

Have an awesome week!

Replies

• janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You too!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lucky! Still no real snow to speak of and I've yet to use my new snowboard.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Well done for nailing your FD yesterday snaps. Noticed from a previous post that exercise-wise you are planning to do 2 x 60 mins but finding time/motivation is an issue. Wonder if it may be better for you to ease in a bit more gently until you get back into it - I exercise 4 - 5 times a week but at the moment keep it to 30 mins; that way I'm doing enough to get my heart rate up but not enough that I'm exhausted the next day. A 10 min warm-up followed by 20 mins more intensive workout doesn't seem too daunting - if I'd planned 60 mins and felt tired then I'd be likely to decide to put it off. If I'm very tired but it's a planned exercise day, then I'll just go for a 10 - 15 minute easy run and then make a decision when I get back as to whether I do any more. I started out walk/running at the beginning of the year and now can manage a mile without stopping. As my fitness level improves I'm increasing the intensity and I'll soon begin to extend the time.

Thanks nanananananananafatwoman (love you user name), I'm going give those short exercises a try. I always feel better after exercising.

Fitting in a fast day today. So here's to sucess! It's that pre-cranky, moody, bloated time of the month so hope to see that water weight go right back down...fingers crossed!
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fast day today. Hope everyone has a great week.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Is anyone else from the UK and struggling today? :'( I am just too cold to drink cold water! I don't like plain hot water, or even hot water with lemon. Just can't wait until 6pm when I'll be home eating my soup and drinking my cup of tea!
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you on your FDs snaps, sutter and Mrs. Hang on in there Mrs not long now until 6 pm - I can't stand hot water with lemon either; If I'm at home on a FD then I make a teapot of jasmine tea in the morning and keep topping it up with hot water as and when, adding a generous slice of fresh ginger to the third brewing. Can top up at least 4 or five times and still get a flavourful drink and stops me drinking too much coffee.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    today is also a fast day for me. I hope everyone who is fasting today are doing well on it.

I'm going to make a smoothie for lunch and have a pork chop and salad for dinner to night.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else from the UK and struggling today? :'( I am just too cold to drink cold water! I don't like plain hot water, or even hot water with lemon. Just can't wait until 6pm when I'll be home eating my soup and drinking my cup of tea!

I'm fasting today,(UK as well) thank God I do like hot water & lemon as it IS cold here today. I also save calories for a cup of coffee tea with milk. Just had home made tomato soup for lunch so feeling quite happy at the moment!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Drink some ginger and lemon grass tea or just put some slices of fresh ginger in your hot water. That will warm you up a bit.
  • snaps27
    Options

I'm fasting today,(UK as well) thank God I do like hot water & lemon as it IS cold here today. I also save calories for a cup of coffee tea with milk. Just had home made tomato soup for lunch so feeling quite happy at the moment!

Hey you two. Yes, fasting too today and in the UK. (Hey that rhymes) 3:57 and all I have had today is tea with milk and sugar which I kept topping up with hit water (pretty much hot water by now). SSSSOOOOO looking forward to dinner (green beans, chicken and rice). Felt light headed when I came home from the school run, but better now. Good luck girls and all that are fasting.

• snaps27
    Options
    ca068genv9hn.jpg

Dinner is served!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Looks good Snaps!

Just cooked a veggie-beef chilli for my fast day tomorrow. After 2-3 indulgent days with more grain carbs and fat and alcohol than usual, my tummy rebelled a bit. The snow shoe hikes were great though and the weather on Saturday was awesome.

Back to work tomorrow and fasting, to which I'm looking forward.
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    orlcam: I hope everything is alright with you. I miss reading your postings. How are you doing? If I remember right were struggling some after the holidays? I know I was....I hope you start posting again soon........
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had an amazing weekend flumi!

Going to try and do 4:3 for the next two weeks in prep for a mini-vacation in London in February.

Happy Fast Day!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    orlcam: I hope everything is alright with you. I miss reading your postings. How are you doing? If I remember right were struggling some after the holidays? I know I was....I hope you start posting again soon........

Yeah, our 5:2 group missing a certain cache without @orlcam. Hoping to hear from him too, no matter where he is at.
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    It was my first proper fast day since about October yesterday and I nailed it! No problem! I'd forgotten how much I love it - what a great way to kick start my 'healthy me' regime.
    -
    Have a great week everyone.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well done JJA. Not quite got to the stage of loving my FDs yet but I live in hope.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Loving the green bean & rice, if I ate that many beans I'd be in orbit this morning, LOL, well done yesterdays fasters, enjoy todays food!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    We'll have to go pester him on his page haha. @orlcam is in demand!

Fast day numero uno of this week! Hope everyone is having a great week! How's everyone doing? Is fasting feeling good during the week or are you still struggling?

For me, after the breakfast hump I always feel like I can breeze through the day. I think this is week 25 for me??? Woah! I have been on a "break" and just trying to keep in the same weight range since end of November, so probably the last 8-9 weeks have been on and off or pausing it, but ready to hit the play button lol. Back to tracking and weighing food even on "TDEE" or "off" days.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Whew! Survived first fast day this week! Next will be on Thursday. Mondays and Thursdays are my days on the road so much easier to fast and not have a bunch of temptations. Hope everyone else is doing well.