This weeks baby steps?

Options
2»

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Cindy. I followed Alice's link and joined. As for my baby steps, it has not been a stellar week. I haven't been bad, just haven't been focused enough on the details. Haven't really gained, but haven't lost either. Today is the last day before my Sunday weigh-in and didn't feel particularly good yesterday. So my husband and I are going to celebrate Valentine's day Tuesday instead of today. Today, I will focus on catching up with all the errands and house chores that I didn't feel like doing yesterday. That will help me feel better going into the new week.
  • NEKrebel
    NEKrebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After dinner is still bad for me.
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    Blew it badly last week. So here are the baby steps for 3/1 to 3/7:
    1) Stop eating when calorie limit is met - no matter the time of day.
    2) Work in my Shed at least 1 hour on at least 4 days
    3) Increase water intake
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Hey there Nekrebel. Glad to see that you are continuing with your weekly baby steps.
    Is it possible to rather space your calories/meals/snacks out through the day? I ask this because if you eat all your calories by midday, it will be difficult not to give into hunger/cravings in the evening.

Also your body will hang on to every scrap of food and store it as fat because it believes that you are busy starving it for long periods.

Increasing water intake is very good. You can flavour it by dropping fruit it in :wink:
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    Did not make any of my steps!! Maybe I need to start with one - keeping calories in check.
    - My step this week is:
    - Divide calories among meals & snacks and stick to it! Making a chart to help with this.
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Awesome baby step Nekrebel.

You may still wish to increase your water intake but it is easier if you say by how much and by when. I.e. increase water intake by 1 glass at each meal for 5 days or: increase water intake by 1 pint a day for at least 3 days this week.

Changing behaviours is difficult if there are no precise goals or time frames in which to achieve new objectives.

• aaliceinw
    Options
    My baby steps this week - there is only one!

Take it easy for the whole week so that my ankle can heal faster.
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    I'm doing ok with the water- from basically none to 5 or 6 a day. I do have to flavor it though. The calorie thing is usually one of tow things - 1) I underestimate calorie count so am over when I log or 2) I am just so hungry I snack too much at night. During the day I can usually find ways to distract myself. After dinner, not so much. :s
  • NEKrebel
    Options
    Is anyone using this group anymore? Or did you all go to a different group?
  • aaliceinw
    Options
    Nekrebel we are all using the baby step post in Cindy's group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101508-l-o-s-t-losing-one-step-at-a-time