Realised I have evening class on my Tuesday FDs ....

Options
SofaKween
SofaKween Posts: 246 Member
so if I wait until I get home to eat my dinner then it'll be virtually nothing until 10.30 p.m. and I may not be able to concentrate with a rumbly tummy.

But if I eat before class, then I'll be eating at 6.00 and I'll be hungry again by the time I get home.

Going to have to plan better.

Replies

• Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What you might find if you have an evening class on a FD that you might not get so hungry. Also you could go straight to bed when you get in so not tempted to feast
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I wonder if it would work to take snacks with you to class in place of dinner?
  • SofaKween
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will see what calories I have left to play with by the time I need to think about going out. Think I'll take some carrot sticks to class with me so I have something in case of emergency (I'd normally have a cinnamon swirl with my coffee beforehand, so it's a habit breaking I need to break). I'm normally an evening eater so the thought of eating everything before 6 p.m. is a bit too much of a habit break for me atm!
  • jknight001
    Options
    There are some studies out there that suggest confining your eating to an 8 hour window is good for weight control. If it works for you, you may want to consider not eating breakfast so that you can push more of your calories to the end of the day. That may be helpful considering you prefer to eat in the evening.
  • SofaKween
    Options
    On FDs I try not to eat at all until 4.00 p.m. and then have small scoop of protein shake. Never been much of a breakfast person, except in my teens and 20s when it was 2 mars bars! Finding if I eat very late at night now I wake up hungry in the morning, which is not good for a FD so I need to think about some tweaking. I'm often short on calories on NFDs and tend to make them up to my TDEE an hour or so before I go to bed. Once dry January is over I don't think I'll have the same problem though.

Anyway, phew, successful FD for me today after major wobble. Came in at 543 calories but as I did 2.22 mile run am happy with that.
  • jknight001
    Options
    WTG!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Beautiful job! I personally LOVE being very busy on fast days and carrots are my go to snack!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Could you choose a different fast day?