Any other yoga mommas?

Options
csillers13
csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
Hi, I've been practicing yoga on and off for about 4 years now. I tend to get off track and forget about it for while, even though it is something I truly enjoy! I'm diving head first into yoga for this weight loss journey (you know how it is, there has been many lol....but this will be the LAST!) and was wondering if there were any other ladies on here that like yoga too and wanted a friend with similiar goals.
Start weight 156
Current weight 147
Goal weight 136
Striving for morning yoga session and evening weight lifting and cardio 4-5 times a week.
I'm always looking for motivation to not let myself slack on my fitness and exercise!

Replies

• ghadamichael
    Options
    I love yoga. I live and breathe yoga. I also teach it. Stay with it. Breathing through the postures makes you aware of how you feel within. Try to focus on how you are inhaling and exhaling. Let the breath anchor you in the present moment. Any questions... Don't hesitate.
  • csillers13
    csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!
  • fantasticelastic
    fantasticelastic Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I also love yoga and teach it :)
    Ghadamichael do you find a certain pressure to look a certain way ??
    I just had a 5th baby last Oct and am crawling my way back to fitness. Trying to find the balance of being kind to my body and getting back to bloody shape. None of my yoga clothes fit me :(
  • candylarocque
    candylarocque Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just got back in 2 weeks ago. Love it! Due to work and my sons hectic hockey schedule I don't get in as much as I want to....on vacay so taking full advantage!!
  • ghadamichael
    Options
    Hi I also love yoga and teach it :)
    Ghadamichael do you find a certain pressure to look a certain way ??
    I just had a 5th baby last Oct and am crawling my way back to fitness. Trying to find the balance of being kind to my body and getting back to bloody shape. None of my yoga clothes fit me :(

I tell all my student to exercise self love and compassion towards their bodies, and if any movement dosent feel right, they should not feel like they have to look any certain way. I encourage everyone to look within and close their eyes, so they don't feel the pressure of comparing themselves to others. Your yoga clothes will fit you soon, but until then just wear something comfortable and enjoy moving through your breath and quieting the chater of your thinking mind.