Determining activity level

Options
scrubb816
scrubb816 Posts: 6 Member
So, I am just starting my weight loss journey with over 100 lbs to lose. So far I am down 8 lbs in two weeks - but definitely want a lifestyle change - so like the idea of more calories :)

My question is, I am a SAHM to a 3.5 year old and a 6 month old. So, I don't work out more than 1-2x per week.... But I lug around a 40 lb toddler and 20 lb baby! Plus all of the activity that comes with these two! I was unsure if I should say lightly active or the next level up.... Should I go half way between the two??

Also, I would like to add lifting into my schedule in the next couple of weeks - so I can readjust then.

And finally, is the goal to eat your cut daily? Or average it out across a week?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Lightly Active would be appropriate, unless those workouts 1-2x weekly are 2 hrs each.

While you may be moving all day, and it does indeed increase calorie burn well above sedentary, it's not that huge of an increase.
    Now, if you literally spends hours a day carrying them around, not just less than a minute here to there, then rounding up might be a good idea.

And the reason why the TDEE table/chart/calc asks for hours a week of exercise, is because it is already averaging out your deficit weekly. Try to meet the daily goal.

There is no fooling of the metabolism by going up and down and all around, there is no benefit strictly from weight loss angle.
    Perhaps adherence eating more on dinner out night, sure, and you can still do that within the day, eat smaller or no breakfast and light lunch, leave more calories for dinner.