Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does anyone know how to save the browning from the pan?

Barbs2222
Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
I only buy grass fed beef. I don't eat as much of it as my son and husband but I like to cook veggies in the browned pan for stir fry's and quesadilla's and wraps or whatever. Tonight we had hamburger and I look at all that brown goodness and want to save it for recipes that call for "browning". Every time I read the ingredient list on store bought stuff it looks like a list of chemicals. Does anybody save this or am I weird for wanting to try? Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• Here's a thought. You could deglase the pan with some water and reduce it a bit. Then you could pour that into a container and add it to your pan when you are cooking your veggies.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Thanks that's what I was thinking. I'm going to try it. I'll let you know how it works.
  • crispywalker
    crispywalker Posts: 18 Member
    You could take any leftover deglaze and freeze it in ice cube trays. Then when you make a new dish or even want some veggies or stir fry, melt the cube in microwave then use!
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    If you drink red wine, you can deglaze with that. It adds a nice flavor.