Weekly Challenge for the Nifty Fifty

Options
NorahCait
NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
If anyone still wants to join up for a little extra motivation, please do! It's not like missing out on the first week makes the rest of the challenge any less valuable. Here's the link, if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14UwiJo2Y6wvvgB6XDif6qBhQ3KKe18xTg5elUPw4MLo/edit#gid=733661354

This week's challenge is to try five of the exercises listed here: http://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work

Post here to share which exercises you tried and what you think of them. Maybe you'll find something you'd like to incorporate into your daily routine!

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Today I did

The Stair Master
    The Cubicle Wanderer
    The Seated Leg Raiser
    The Silent Seat Squeeze
    The Shoulder Shrug

I found the whole idea pretty interesting. I am not sure how I feel about the ones I did (some are just things I do anyways), but it did make me think about what I could do at work to improve my level of activity.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    LMAO....'the silent seat squeeze'!!!! I am not even going to go there! hahaha!!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Norah, this is a great challenge!!

I did:
    The Silent (but deadly) Seat Squeeze
    The Secret Handshake
    The Namaste
    The Stapler Curl
    The Nape Shaper

I'll definitely print this out and use it, especially right now while I'm still in limited mobility mode.

And yes, Nancy, we expect you to squeeze your seat too!

Karen
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Squeezing, squeezing!!!
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I did:
    The Mover and Shaker (I actually did it standing up though. Michael had some music on so I jumped up and started dancing. He just laughed)
    The Wall (Street) Sit (I didn't quite it where my thighs were parallel to the floor but I did get farther every time I did it)
    The Patient Printer (this is an easy one to do while I'm cooking or doing dishes)
    The Silent Seat Squeeze (did this one while watching tv)
    The Seated Leg Raiser (another one that's easy to do while watching tv)
    The Stapler Curl (another great one for tv viewing)
    The Shoulder Shrug (again tv viewing)
    The Pinstripe Push-Up (didn't quite get all the way to the wall without falling into the wall but I'm working on it)

I know I did more than 5 but I was having so much fun trying the different ones and I couldn't choose.