Gain Weight in a Healthy Way

Options
neotericisis
neotericisis Posts: 13 Member
edited January 2015 in Social Groups
Hi all!

I haven't been on MFP in 2 years!! Looking over my initial profile its crazy how in just 2 short years I want the complete opposite thing now. See, like most of you I was naturally skinny and disliked it. I had a son and gained a pooch, but no real weight anywhere else. I went from a 0 while pregnant to a 2 post pregnancy and that was it. Well, I'm a 4 now, but my belly is bigger than it was post pregnancy, oh and love handles joined the party as well. This was due to still eating whatever I wanted and not exercising. I got older and my metabolism slowed down (which everyone warned me it would!) I just wanted to send out a cautionary tale to make sure that you all are on your weight gaining journey in a healthy way. Still do your workouts (pilates are GREAT because it is low cardio, yet it gives you lean muscle tone) and of course eat a healthy balanced diet. Wishing you all the very best!! Now I'm off to find the lose your tummy group LOL. (I do LOVE these new hips and thighs though- finally!!- too bad my gut overshadows them :blush: If only we could chose where to gain weight...