Eating for success

Options
I'm in college participating in the Kayla movement. My family and I are trying to get going on clean eating but as a full time college student to eat well all the time. Does anybody have any good recipe tips for easy meals I could fix for at home or to pack for lunch?

Replies

• tahni
    tahni Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey! I try to chop up different veggies (onion, celery, carrots (I buy the big ones haha), green pepper, etc.) at the start and half way through each week and keep them in plastic containers in the fridge. So maybe one container is carrots and chopped celery. If you're in a hurry you can just grab the whole container and pack it as a snack. I also chop an onion every week so then if you're making a salad/wrap/whatever in a hurry it's already cut up. It literally takes 20 seconds to add something that would take you 5 minutes had it not been already chopped. (Don't recommend cutting cucumbers or tomatoes more than 2 days in advanced of when you want to use them though)

I've heard people have had good results with the mason jar salads where you put the dressing on the bottom so it doesn't get soggy. I'm trying to give up refined foods but occasionally I'll make a wrap which are easy to pack. Since I'm cooking for one I'll usually make larger portions of so I can keep it and use it for other things. (i.e. rice: chicken and rice, mexican wrap/burrito, broccoli and rice, lemon rice soup...). I also play around with a lot of vegetarian recipes since they tend to be cheap to make. Oh. I love making soup and storing it in the freezer for when I'm feeling cold and lazy.

Honestly I just search the sale ads and try to pick up as much fruit and veggies as I can
    Hope that helps :)