Hi guys! New here

I've been trying to lose weight for a long time, and when I was younger the only thing that worked was a low carb and low fat diet. But I was miserable. I've been doing the keto-ing for the past 2 days, and I've already seen my bloat go down to almost unnoticeable levels. I think I'll be sticking to this for the foreseeable future. I hope I am welcome here despite my inexperience. :)

Replies

• nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    welcome!
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Welcome to the group. I love lchf. It's been an amazing month for me. First time in a long time I feel like I might make it to goal. Totally sustainable and I feel fantastic.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 7,015 Member
    Welcome. I've been doing keto for over 7 mo. Food is yummy. Nixed my chocoholic and carb cravings. I've lost just under 75lb and I'm so healthy it is insane. I'm seriously considering staying LCHF for life, as in under 50g net carbs. Currently I'm at 20g total.

Congrats on finding what works for you!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    I've been trying to lose weight for a long time, and when I was younger the only thing that worked was a low carb and low fat diet. But I was miserable. I've been doing the keto-ing for the past 2 days, and I've already seen my bloat go down to almost unnoticeable levels. I think I'll be sticking to this for the foreseeable future. I hope I am welcome here despite my inexperience. :)

Welcome to the group. Everyone is very friendly and civil here. Ask anything you want, there are a lot of VERY helpful people here. I learn something every day here!

Your health will get better and better on this keto way-of-life. I hope you stick with.

Dan the Man from Michigan

• KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Hi! Welcome! :)
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome! Stick with it and let us know how things work for you.
  • Lil14U
    Lil14U Posts: 40 Member
    Hi
    I'm new too, started lchf 2 weeks ago after reading the book keto clarity.
    I came accross this group yesterday and have learned a lot.
    I tried Atkins many years ago with good results, I stopped because I was concerned it wouldn't be healthy, there wasn't as much information then and all health providers pushed the low fat angle (hey I'm one of the health provider's).
    Welcome to the old way of living
    Lily