30 pounds to shed by summer

Options
13»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I have 35 lbs to loose before May. Its a struggle getting exercise in 3 times a week because of my busy schedule and drinking the required amount of water each day.

A lot of our daily water needs can be met through the foods we eat - ie fruit and veggies are full of water so you can count that against your daily quota :) HTH!!

• Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I picked today (tueday )for my weigh in day since today was day 7 on MFP.
    I was thrilled to see my scale down 3.2 lbs !!!
    Dare I say that watching and adding calories on here is kind of fun?
    I upped my calories to 1300 since I was at 1200 but when I workout I dont usually eat what I burn. Hoping I made a good choice. I guess I will see on the scale next tuesday lol.

How did everyone else do today?
    Do.you log everything you ate?
    Do you get some type of activity?

• snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    That's awesome sophiasmomma! How did you do this week?
  • coffeeceltic
    coffeeceltic Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sbashe wrote: »
    I'm a 39 year old mother of 4 who had been fighting a thyroid disease. For the past 4 years I've put on about 30 pounds. I need all the support I can get because sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle. Ugghh frustrated :neutral_face:

• scott9398
    scott9398 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If I only have 28 pounds to lose before summer can I still join in? I certainly need the motivation to keep going!
  • Luv2RunFar
    Luv2RunFar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and I have 35 lbs to loose before May. Its a struggle getting exercise in 3 times a week because of my busy schedule and drinking the required amount of water each day.
    I'm with you! 30 to loose before May. I've just started back with MFP because logging everyday and support is the help I need.
  • Scottiegirl12
    Scottiegirl12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the same goal too! Feel free to add me and the same goes to anyone else on this thread... I do so well when I track daily with mfp, but fell off the tracking wagon in September. And of course, gained all I had lost. I'm in!!
  • fowen31
    fowen31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started back in MFP for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago. I too, need to lose about 25 ions by summer and need the get my bp and cholesterol down and need friends to modivate through my journey. I'm 47 years old.
    Sw 166lbs
    Cw 157lbs
    Gw 133lbs
    Female
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    snorklr wrote: »
    That's awesome sophiasmomma! How did you do this week?
    I didnt weigh last week because it was my tom
    I got on the scale the other day and saw no loss. Kind of upsetting since I've been working hard. Although I've been eating alot of sugar this week. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I will.go by that
    scott9398 wrote: »
    If I only have 28 pounds to lose before summer can I still join in? I certainly need the motivation to keep going!

Of course! Id be thrilled with 20 by thr fourth of july!

Hows everyone doing?
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Getting bored with treadmill can't wait to walk outside!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    fowen31 wrote: »
    I started back in MFP for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago. I too, need to lose about 25 ions by summer and need the get my bp and cholesterol down and need friends to modivate through my journey. I'm 47 years old.
    Sw 166lbs
    Cw 157lbs
    Gw 133lbs
    Female

Wow our numbers are so close..
    SW 170
    CW 156
    GW 135

Only I'm not setting any timelines or trying to lose weight quickly. I'm staying focused on each day as it comes and just trying to make the right choices.
  • rbmcc
    rbmcc Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    gidget415 wrote: »
    I'm 41 and a working mom. Ever since my back surgery in 2011, (and months of steroids) I have been about 20 pounds heavier than normal. I've been getting more active and am not feeling sorry for myself anymore. Everyone has pain. I am going to get myself back to where I should be and where I feel good. I'd love to help cheer people on and would love some MFP friends to get through this journey.

Me too Gidget - 41 and a working mom also (Los Angeles area). Despite my clothes getting tight and only being able to wear a small portion of my clothes, I was in shock when I stepped on the scale and saw I'd gained 20 lbs. in the last year. I'd heard from friends how your metabolism really slows down at 40, but I'm here to try and combat that. Never been a dieter (athletic in my pre-motherhood days), so could use lots of support. :smile:
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You sound pretty motivated gidget415 keep up the good work! Same here rbmcc i guess i just got comfortable with the weight gain then realized how unhappy i really was so i started mfp... hoping it will help :\
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That's a great and realistic challenge. I would love to lose 30lbs going into the summer. Feel free to add me as friend!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well-- please feel free to send me an add as well!
  • LauraKnighten
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a single working mom that recently experienced a back injury. Trying to lose 25-30 by summer as well. My diet is generally healthy so usually all I have to do to lose weight is up my cardio/activity. But now with my back injury I'm not sure what to do. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I tried search for back friendly work outs and didn't find much that was relevant. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Please feel free to add me and thanks in advance! :)
  • Chocohen
    Chocohen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I am in my late 40s and have been finding it difficult to motivate myself and stick to a diet. I seem to lose 5 lbs & then am so pleased with myself that I ease off & put it back in! So I am hoping that this group and a few new mfp friends might help. Basically if you ladies are good at losing weight it might shame me into keeping up with you. I know I should eat less and exercise more but its the practical application of that theory that's the problem. Lol
  • Chocohen
    Chocohen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you wish