Fasting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday

Options
lulu1066
lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
My intention is to do this until I'm in normal BMI and then to do Monday and Wednesday until I hit my goal weight. I've only done it for a couple of weeks and it seems manageable... It would be nice to have a few kindred spirits and to cheer each other on.

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Too much fasting for me.... But good luck.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I will cheer you on! 4:3 is something I am definitely considering. However, I want to evaluate 5:2 for a few months before deciding if I want to do 4:3.
    I know you can do it lulu! That ski-wear IS gonna fit!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I did that and it worked for me. I still plan to fast each MWF but typically something comes up on one of the days so I figure at least I got my two days in. I am in the middle of my normal BMI now, 5ft 5in 137lbs this morning. I have been as low as 132.something on this plan. I seem to be at a stable weight, not really losing more, but that is fine with me since I never thought I'd be at this weight again and this way I don't have to buy more new clothes. I don't know what goal weight I would choose since through fasting I dropped more than I would have originally thought possible. I think fasting is great. It keeps me aware and appreciative of all the wonderful foods available (like bananas with pumpkin seeds - yum!). So I am sticking with fasting and focusing on whole foods. Obviously I eat plenty on my non-fasting days so I don't think dropping to one day a week would work out well for me! Best wishes to you on your journey to your goal!
  • lulu1066
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement flumi and mango and Sanjo you are my inspiration for MWF - to be in the middle of normal is somewhere I've never been - have always hovered just below overweight and at one time hit obese. Love your point that when you've hit a weight you are happy with you can still have MWF but if something comes up, you're still on track for 5:2. So you've answered my question - it is doable and sustainable. Thanks!
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!! I'm doing 4:3 right now as well, and smooth sailing so far. We've got this! :)
  • MallowBrain
    MallowBrain Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to 5:2 and plan on doing my days back to back, I guess that isn't really possible on 4:3 is it?
    Also good luck you sound very determined :)
  • lulu1066
    Options
    No, mallow - I think three days back to back would be a bit too harsh! eychenn - v. glad that you're doing 4:3 now - how long have you been doing it, and what has been your success etc? x
  • JJA14
    JJA14 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have occasionally done 4:3 but it doesn't really suit me. I will keep 4:3 now for after holidays/Christmas etc. I tend to fast your other days - Tuesday/Thursday but next week I think I'm going for a Monday.
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I normally do 4:3 and found it was manageable. Tend to do 5:2 at the moment back to back which gets it out of the way early in the week and can always throw another in on Sunday if I want to.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    love the way I can tailor this to my needs/mess ups!
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've done 4:3 twice this month already and this week will be 4:3 as well. My days will be different but I'd love to cheer you on!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Mallow, you could do 2 back to back days, and then have a 3rd fast day later in the week, maybe?

I#m going for Monday and Tuesday next week, and keeping the carbs way down, similar to the Horizon What Diet version.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    brave woman melanie.
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    I've done a couple of back-to-backs before, and found them OK. BUT I've been doing this for 2 years now, so I'm pretty familiar with how to get through FDs. I wouldn't necessarily recommend them to beginners!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have done Monday and Tuesday the last couple of weeks and tried to keep low carb also as they said.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    how are you all doing? rather hungry but focused here. two weeks to get into ski pants..
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    First day done! Also managed to walk the dogs for half an hour, do a dance dem this afternoon, and ran 10k at running training! I'm about to sit down now with an Option hot chocolate, and get an early night. I might set my alarm as I have to be up and atom early tomorrow and I often find I sleep late after a FD.
  • lulu1066
    Options
    am exhausted reading your schedule Melanie. Well done though! option hot chocolate? I'm off to the shops!
  • eychenn
    eychenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    lulu1066 wrote: »
    No, mallow - I think three days back to back would be a bit too harsh! eychenn - v. glad that you're doing 4:3 now - how long have you been doing it, and what has been your success etc? x

I haven't been doing it too long. I've done it for the last two weeks and in the past I've tried it as a one off week. This will be my 3rd week and I find the results are coming a bit faster - before my rate of loss was about 1lb/week and the last few weeks it's been closer to 1.5lbs/week.

I've been doing Monday + Tuesday fast then another one on Thursday or Friday.
  • LettingTheSmallStuffGo
    Options
    I've been doing 4:3 M-W-F for 2 weeks now. Tomorrow is my second official weigh-in and I'm hoping and keeping my fingers crossed it's a good one. My body seems to be adjusting pretty well to 4:3 and having a 100 calorie protein lunch/400 calorie dinner has helped me manage my hunger. Feel free to add me.