20lbs of muscle in 90 days

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
So beachbody has a program called body beast and this is what they advertise "By taking the best of old-school bodybuilding and fusing it with a breakthrough in sports science we call Dynamic Set Training, Body Beast is proven to put on up to 20 pounds of muscle mass in just 90 days. You'll crank out Single Sets, Super Sets, Giant Sets, Progressive Sets, Drop Sets, Tempo Sets and more—exercises you've probably seen before but now put together in an entirely new way. Now you'll add resistance and execute elite moves at crazy angles to exhaust the muscle, activate more muscle fibers, and naturally boost testosterone levels far beyond what's been possible before in a home training system."
Now I thought that men only gained like 1-2lbs of muscle a month & women .5-1lb of muscle. How can they say this? And seems like most of the results for mean, they gained like 12lbs of muscle in 90 days.
Can someone tell me what is true? How much can a man and a woman really gain in 90 days?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I call bullsh!t

You can only put on a certain amount of muscle per day (in the grams) - no amount of training or type of training will increase that.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    SHENANIGHANS!!!!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Yea not possible to add that much in strictly muscle in that amount of time. I dont even know if that would be possible with drugs.

Most of the people saying they did are using LBM increases. A guy, usually someone new to working out, does this program and sees some lean body mass test tell him he gained a certain weight. Those are not very accurate and a lot of that will be water (which counts towards LBM). Some of this water is stored IN the muscle so it even looks like new muscle.

It also only makes these promises for the for the first 90 days. Which is just about the time that newbie gains run out and most people bodies have adapted to heavy exercise.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Body Beast is proven to put on up to 20 pounds of muscle mass in just 90 days

This is a get out of jail free statement. What this means is even if you only get 1 pound of muscle mass, the system worked for you.

Of course no one on this program will gain 20lbs of muscle mass in 90 days....most people don't put on that much in a year, when they are trying.

ETA: In case you are wondering...here is an article that may give you some perspective:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Typical Beachbody hype. No way in hell anybody is putting on 20 lbs. of mass in 90 days - not even if that program comes complete with a pre-designed anabolic steroid stack included. 20 lbs. in a YEAR for a natural trainee would be an amazing accomplishment.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Yet another reason why beachbody is a bunch of crap.
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Absolute bull****. I'd doubt even someone roided to the eyeballs could manage 20lbs in 90 days. Maybe someone who'd lost 20lbs (of muscle) and was regaining it. But Beachbody wouldn't be the optimal way to do it anyway.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    12lbs in 3 months for a man isn't likely either, is it?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    12 lbs. in 3 months is a pound of LBM per week - still highly unlikely. Read the article that Craigmandu linked to - 0.5 lb./wk would be optimal results for a newbie trainer, given 100% spot-on nutrition and training (which most people fall short of). About half of that for a female.

Beachbody is a marketing machine. Their claims are trumped-up and full of the usual nutrition/training scam disclaimers ("up to", "results not typical", etc.)
  • shorty35565
    Options
    12 lbs. in 3 months is a pound of LBM per week - still highly unlikely. Read the article that Craigmandu linked to - 0.5 lb./wk would be optimal results for a newbie trainer, given 100% spot-on nutrition and training (which most people fall short of). About half of that for a female.

Beachbody is a marketing machine. Their claims are trumped-up and full of the usual nutrition/training scam disclaimers ("up to", "results not typical", etc.)

That is what I thought!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for now so we can keep track of currently active threads easier. Please PM ether myself or SideSteel if you have any further questions or comments, and include a link to this thread and we will unlock.
This discussion has been closed.