Matt Smith Leaving

Options

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I thought he was staying through 2014. What are the speculated reasons? Fear of being typecast? Contract demands weren't met?

For me, the actor playing Doctor Who makes all the difference. I never watched the original, but in the rebooted series I only like Tennant and Smith. I haven't watched all of the Tennant episodes, but from what I've seen I prefer Smith's stories and Amy, Rory, and River to Tennant's cohort of characters.

Allons-y and Geronimo!
  • mustangmary11
    mustangmary11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just read the article, very interesting. Well I guess we will have to wait and see. I could tell from comments that lots didn't like Matt Smith, but I wonder if that's just because so many loved David Tennant.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So is anyone speculating or taking bets on who will be Doctor #12?

On another site I'm part of there have been some interesting discussions and there have been some wild speculations out on the internet. I've heard everything from a woman to the first black Doctor (which was speculated last time there was a change as well) to even one that was hinted at in the last episode. Seems there is buzz for Rory Kinnear, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Olivia Colman, Ben Daniels, Idris Elba and even Billie Piper (that would be quite a twist).
  • tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sad to see him go. I really enjoy his Doctor. As for the next incarnation, I do not think I'd be happy with
    a female Doctor, as it has never even been implied that that could occur. I would be ok with any
    other racial choice, as presumably, as with humans, all Galifreans share common dna.

As for who should be the next Doctor? I'd absolutely LOVE to see Simon Peg have a go.
    Also a very cool twist, if they could swing it, would be to bring back a previous actor, but
    have the personality change a bit...Imagin Matt Smith not thinking Bow Ties were cool...