ketosis and insomnia

dawlfin318
dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
I asked in another forum but looking for any reasons why my sleep is horrible. Either can't fall asleep or stay asleep. Slept better but not perfect, after making sure my magnesium, sodium and potassium were covered last night but not feeling rested.

Hellllllp! Getting exhausted but want to stick to the diet.

Replies

• SteveKroll
    SteveKroll Posts: 94 Member
    edited January 2015
    I had the same problem at first. I can only speak from my own experience, but my "guess" is that it happens when you first go into ketosis and your body is kicking out ketones like crazy. You will suddenly have more energy than you know what to do with and feel like you are hopped up on amphetamines. Once you become adapted, ketone production should slow down and you should also begin sleeping better. Or at least I did.
  • jeniwilmot
    jeniwilmot Posts: 25 Member
    Only when I'm getting back into keto do I wake up a lot (usually craving sweets). It makes me very restless. But normally I sleep great in Keto. Well as great as someone with 3 small children ever does hehe :)
  • dawlfin318
    dawlfin318 Posts: 227 Member
    I had two first nights that I slept bad, then it mellowed. I am finishing my 3rd week and have had many nights of crappy sleep. I don't get it. And I feel wiped out, not too energetic.