Breastfeeding

Options
Hiya! I'm about 20 lbs, give or take a few, from where I'd like to be. It is the weight I maintained for quite a while and the weight I was able to achieve after my first son was born (actually I dropped to 27 lbs under my current weight but that was too light). I've never really had to diet before. I used to brag I could eat what is probably the equivalent of 4000 calories in a day and be back down to weight after it finished the trip through my digestive system. Nothing made me gain. I absolutely don't want to lose my milk supply so I've been afraid of cutting calories. I figured I could always get my body back later but I only get one chance to give my son a healthy start. I'm currently about 145 and 5'3.5". I know muscle weighs more and I wouldn't mind ending around 130 if I could get back into my jeans. What macros/calories/nutrients should I aim for to lose weight while nursing a 3 month old?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Use the stickies for the group to get your TDEE.

But don't take a deficit, keep at maintain weight.

Don't account for nursing in your TDEE, it will actually create a reasonable deficit by not accounting for it but eating at maintenance as if not doing it.

And as you nurse less, you'll have less to lose, which means less deficit, which is exactly correct.